°*• Chapter 3 •*°

~*☆*~

Soobin

It was the 3rd day of their detention, Soobin could still remember the 1st day they were in detention. Aside from sharing each other's reasons for being there, they were put to a task to comply with their detention.

When the detention supervisor came back with the disciplinary teacher, they were told to follow her to the old school storage room. They will have to clean it as per punishment for their actions. He remembered complaining that everything was a misunderstanding.

Most of them actually complained but they were told that if they can't get it done in a day then they'll have to set a day in the week for them to clean, once or twice after classes.

They eventually settled for twice a week to make things faster even if its against their will, they have to...

Its already the 3rd day and all they managed to do is clear out the dust and trash on the shelves... at the moment, Soobin is currently arranging files in empty boxes when something shattered followed by yelps surprising him.

"Beomgyu hyung what the hell?" Taehyun reacted.

"Hyung you alright?" Hueningkai asked approaching Beomgyu who only smiled dusting himself.

"Jeez, be careful Beomgyu. A lot of the stuff here might be breakable." Yeonjun said getting a dustpan to collect the glass with.

"Hehe sorry hyung." He answered.

"What was it that broke?" Soobin asked them.

"This looks like an old glass paperweight." The older replied while examining the glass.

"Beomgyu watch where you're going next ti-" Soobin started when Yeonjun yelped.

"Hyung you ok?" Taehyun asked crouching down Yeonjun's level.

"Hyung you're bleeding!" Hueningkai exclaimed.

"Yeonjun hyung let me clean the glass instead." Beomgyu said taking the dustpan.

"Ok, Taehyun go with Yeonjun to the nurse office. Get the wound cleaned up and-" Soobin said.

"Hey chill its just a small cut, I could just use a bandaid." Yeonjun explained as Taehyun pressed his handkerchief on the older's finger.

"No this stuff are dirty, it may get infection if you don't clean that up and bandage it well. Its safer to be extra careful." Soobin explains and the others simply agreed so the two left for a while to the nurse's office.

"Now let's continue cleaning and arranging these stuff." Soobin said sparing a glum look at the entirety of the storage room.

"Its so dirty here, I can't believe we've been cleaning here for three days." Hueningkai said in disgust as he wiped a table covered in thick layers of dust.

"Well that's just how it is in detention, you get to do nasty stuff." Beomgyu said cheerfully.

"Beomgyu, just throw the glass already." Soobin said, a little frustrated of the situation.

"Yes sir!" The younger simply replied before leaving.

Soobin hated the fact he had to spend days in the storage room cleaning instead of doing more important matters such as vocal and dance practice. It just added stress and tiredness for his body.

Yeonjun

Yeonjun has now gotten his finger cleaned and bandaged well in the nurse's office. Now he and Taehyun are heading back to the storage room.

"You know you guys didn't have to make a fuss on something small like this." Yeonjun started making the younger look at him.

"Yeah but I kinda agree with Soobin hyung, that glass was indeed dirty. Who knows how long was that paperweight sitting in that dirty stockroom." Taehyun said frowning at the thought of the storage room.

"Yeah I guess..." he replied as they neared the storage room.

"Hey hyung..." Taehyun called making Yeonjun halt from entering the storage room.

"Do you remember the first day of our detention?" The younger asked.

"Yeah, it was uneventful." He commented.

"Remember that segment where we shared how we got there?" Taehyun asked making Yeonjun frown.

"What about it?" He asked back.

"I'm just curious, did that really happen to you?" Taehyun looked him in the eye which made Yeonjun feel a little unsettled of the sudden question.

It was something he never expected to be asked to him, it caught him off.

"Of course it did, why? Is there something wrong Taehyun?" Yeonjun asked after recovering from the younger's question.

"It's just that-"

"Choi Beomgyu! What the hell!?" This sudden outburst made Yeonjun immediately enter the storage room with Taehyun followimg behind.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Yeonjun immediately asked looking back and forth from Hueningkai to Soobin then to Beomgyu...

"What in the world is that?" Yeonjun spared Taehyun a glance seeing his disgusted expression towards an inky black liquid running down the side of Beomgyu's uniform.

"I think its just paint." Hueningkai said.

"Well how did you get into this mess again?" Yeonjun asked.

"How would I know a plastic container of paint is kept on a top shelf not properly sealed." Beomgyu reasoned eyeing the black ink on his white upper uniform.

"This place is seriously disorganized, who would place paint on a shelf?" Soobin reacted and Beomgyu nodded.

"Maybe it can be washed off." Hueningkai suggests.

"I don't think that's water-based." Taehyun said looking closely at the blank ink on Beomgyu's uniform.

"I'm going to the lockers." Beomgyu sighed.

"Kai come help me check all the shelves for more liquid containers that shouldn't be there." Soobin told the younger who nodded.

"I guess we should clean that splatter before it hardens." Yeonjun commented as he moved to find the mop.

"I'll go find some old rags we could just dispose off." Taehyun supplied.

"Tae, there might be some over that box over there!" Hueningkai called out as Yeonjun looked for the broomcase, the mop should be there too right?

Yeonjun heaved a sigh when he found the mop as he headed back to the spot of the splattered paint on the floor. Taehyun was already taking out some old rags while he try to ignore their previous conversation playing in his head as he approached the younger.

He wondered if Taehyun knew something...

•●~*☆*~●•

A/N:

Hello my dear readers! I hope you have a great day today! I'm feeling quite burdened with school these days... I wish I could just hang around writing & reading stories all day or just watch random shows, movies, kpop and anime...

I hope you'll enjoy this update though 😊

PS. I actually have some draft chapters of Magic Hour since like weeks ago so I'm just publishing them 😅