°*• Chapter 21 •*°

~*☆*~

They were currently in a practice room sitting in a circle on the floor listening to the tune of the 3rd mission song. Each held a paper in hand with lyrics of the song. They were currently figuring out the line distribution for the song. They've been at it for half an hour already.

"...so Taehyun takes this part and Kai in this part..." - Yeonjun

"...Beomgyu over this part in this verse and me over here..." - Soobin

"...then Yeonjun hyung in this part." - Hueningkai

"I think that's about it, are we all cool with this line distribution?" Yeonjun asked the others who were focused writing notes on their individual lyric papers.

"Yeah I guess we could try this out. If some parts aren't executed well enough, we could always make some changes to fit the parts better." Taehyun commented and the others nodded as response.

"Are we going to use mics right away or not yet?" Beomgyu asked as they all got up from the floor, stretching a bit from the numbness of sitting down for a long time.

"We should try to sing as is first, before we use the mics so we can assess our voices clearly for now." Yeonjun suggested and the others nodded at that.

So while standing they gathered together and started to sing their assigned parts one after the other, doing the chorus altogether straight to the end.

"What do you guys think?" Soobin asked a little worried at their execution.

"It sounds a little bit plain and uninteresting, don't you think?" Taehyun asked the others.

"This is quite difficult, we've never tried to do line distribution on our own before. Are we doing this right?" Yeonjun wondered while the others nodded with a sigh.

"It would be nice if we could work on harmonizing our voices in the chorus but..." Hueningkai suggested a little unsure about the details.

"Yeah but who goes higher or lower and mid-tone?" Beomgyu agreed voicing out Kai's thoughts.

"Shall we listen to the song again?" Yeonjun offered and they gathered again as Soobin played the mission song from the tablet provided to them.

It took them another 30 minutes to make a few changes on the harmony for the chorus whilst trying to sing it simultaneously to check how they sounded. Another 20 minutes as they diacussed the adlibs for the last chorus and minor adlibs or harmonies they could do for the verses. After all the planning they did, they decided to practice their individual lines first so they can execute them properly when transitioning to the next singer.

They spent almost 2 hours trying to correct their flow and tone as performed in the demo given to them. After that, they proceeded to practice for the verses together as it has the lowest complication in harmonizing with each other. They've spent over an hour practicing the verses with the minor harmony adlibs they added. They now decided to take a snack break feeling like they've digested their dinner already and in need of more energy.

"I am totally parched with all that singing." Beomgyu said drinking a bottle of water.

"Guys no cold drinks for now alright? At least, not until the final round's over." Yeonjun reminded while eating a burger. They have ordered food delivery from a fastfood restaurant.

"Ha~ soda, I want a soda right now." Hueningkai sighed while munching his burger.

"Honestly, today is such a busy day for us. Deserving for a glass of cold sugary sweetness of a soda." Beomgyu added sighing together with Kai.