°*• Chapter 9 •*°

~*☆*~

It was saturday and they all meet up in Bighit for their training. The five of them are in the practice room when they were called to a meeting with other prospect debut team candidates.

"Good afternoon to you all, I called all of you here to discuss on how we will rate you all and choose the members for this debut project." Bang PD started.

Everyone in the room felt nervous and kinda anxious including the five of them. It was over three days ago when they were told that they may be chosen as the debut team for this project.

"We've divided three groups, team A, B & C. We will be giving you 3 sets of missions for us to decide the debuting team. Your 1st two mission would be a group performance that showcases the chosen song's concept. We will be giving you 2 songs to work on, both with differing concepts. You all will be given the same choreography to practice on for both songs. And you will perform these songs with a panel of judges including me and Son Sung-deuk. Make sure you practice singing and dancing the songs. I will give you a week to prepare for 1st song, another week for the 2nd song. By the end of each week, there will be an evaluation for the songs..." - Son Sung-deuk

"The last mission will significantly test your vocal prowess but don't stress over it much yet. Focus on each task at hand then when all missions are over, the team who manages to execute the songs better will be the official members for this project and will debut in due time." Bang PD smiled to all the boys.

"I will also keep tabs on your dance practice daily to observe how each of you coordinate with your team. Are the instructions clear?" Sung-deuk asked all fifteen trainees who answered in a series of 'yes sir'.

"We will be giving you the 1st song 2 days from now so make sure you are well prepared." Bang PD finished as all the trainees agreed but before their CEO could dismiss them, Soobin raised a hand.

"Will the winning team really debut together?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah, won't you pick members who performed better in each group?" Another trainee questioned as Bang PD smiled.

"This is a debut project and you are training to debut in a boygroup aren't you?" He asked them as everyone slowly nods.

"Then you know the answer yourself." Bang PD told them before dismissing everyone.

Soobin walked with his members back to the practice room they were occupying before they were called.

"Does that mean, if we won... the five of us debuts together?" Hyuka asked the older members.

"I think so..." Yeonjun answered absently.

"Why don't we cheer up? We'll all just have to do well and come on top won't we?" Beomgyu cheered the members serious nervous faces despite the fact that he was nervous himself.

"Yeah we'll work harder then we'll all get to debut together, that'll be great!" Hueningkai joined Beomgyu to brush off his nervousness as the rest looked at them.

"Yeah that would be great." Yeonjun smiled at them making the two smile.

"Yeah sure, we'll get through this! We've endured detention, we can do anything!" Soobin suddenly said making the rest look at him in surprise before bursting to laughter.

"Hyung chill, don't be too nervous alright?" Taehyun chuckled making Soobin quite embarrassed, he got carried away with his anxiousness.

"Yeah I'm just nervous." He chuckled shyly scratching the back of his nape.

"Well we have 2 days to mentally prepare ourselves so it'll work out I'm sure." Yeonjun told them as they all nodded.

"Yeah of course it will! Besides we have the advantage." Beomgyu smiled playfully to all of them.

"Advantage?" - Hyuka

"We have Yeonjun hyung here with us, he's basically the 'IT' trainee here." Beomgyu wiggled his brows making the others turn to the oldest among them.

"Uh I'm just doing my best like everybody else." Yeonjun said shyly but smiled anyways from the compliment.

"And we also have Taehyunnie's vocals, we're lucky right?" Hyuka added and everyone agreed, it was Taehyun's turn to get shy in that moment but didn't show it... he merely smiled at them.

They were all chattering as they headed to their practice room.

"D-bro'z let's go!" - Beomgyu

"We can do this!" - Hyuka

"Yeah!" - Yeonjun, Soobin & Taehyun

"I still don't agree to that name though." Taehyun added.

"Yah don't ruin the moment Taehyun-ah~" Beomgyu complained which Taehyun only shook his head while the rest either laughed and agreed with Beomgyu.

A/N:

Hey my dear readers! I'm just dropping by this one chapter as a thank you for giving Borderline 12K reads and 1K votes 🎉🥳 I meant to drop a chapter when it reached 11K reads, I was just way too busy (I still am)...

However I cannot let 2 achievements pass without thanking my dear readers... and since Borderline and Magic Hour are slightly connected, I'm thanking here since I think the readers of Borderline still ventured here. Either way thank you for the reads and I do hope you could still wait for the next update (I cannot assure when though as I've been really busy with school).

At the moment, I hope you enjoy the chapter 😊 until next time my dear readers (this may be my last update until I manage to finish all of my schoolwork). Thanks again for giving Borderline 12K reads and 1K votes 😊

PS. I don't really know how companies decide the members of a debuting group so I just come up of my own idea, I hope its not so bad 😅