°*• Chapter|Valley of Lies •*°

___•*•___

"Take it for you to return..."

"Careful so you won't fall..."

"Speak! Time is of essence, not much to waste..."

The lines continues to ring in his head as he tried to focus his thoughts the way the others have.

"Take it with not much haste..."

Soobin's hand has finally reached the dice as Beomgyu repeated to remind them what they needed to do.

"Careful don't be a fool..."

He knows for sure... what was needed to be done. He could hear all their voices screaming, eyes closed from the growing light from the dice engulfing them in warm embrace.

"Think!"

He's trying... his heart beating loudly that it feels like he could hear it.

"Time is of essence, think of nothing but home..."

Home...

He needs to go back... home... the image of his parents flashed through his head.

What would happen if he goes back?

He thought of the vision of his parents supporting him and the reality that they weren't really.

Why did this happen to them? To him?

"Speak..."

An image of dancing flames burned in his head.

Warmth becomes heat...

Heat turns to agonizing pain...

Pain hitching one's breathe...

Yeonjun realized something at that point.

"...not much to waste..."

If that's what's happening then... how would his parents view the situation. Won't they stand firm on their belief even more?

A series of memories ran through his head. It feels so soffucating to even begin to think.

Would something really change if he go back?

"Careful, don't be a fool..."

Would it be so wrong of him to wish to live on a lie for longer?

"...think of nothing but home..."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

He abruptly opened his eyes...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

He found himself in the middle of the stage with the rest of the members performing. Yeonjun's eyes trailed to the audience area and there he saw his name on a banner somewhere near the front seats. The ones holding it up made him smile quite bitterly.

Why can't this be his reality?

If his parents could actually be like that, he wouldn't even try to fool himself like this.

He could hear them cheer loudly for him as he danced. For a little while... he begged the world to let him live this lie...

Better yet, make this lie real...

If this is truly magic, can't it just make his life this way?

"If only this is real..." he heaved a sigh looking up at the sky. A tear trickled down the side of his eye as he stopped, closing his eyes.