°*• Chapter 41 •*°

____•*•____
•●~[Fri-eve %]~●•
*•💠•*

They pushed through their doors and immediately meet each others eyes. The mix of emotions they felt was immense, it was like déjà vu.

"I'm so glad you made it back..."

_______________°*•☆•*°_______________

"Think of nothing but home..."

With that line ringing in the boys heads, slowly, they hear the sound of a beeping machine... their breathing... their heartbeat...

They fluttered their eyes open to meet the ceiling of their hospital room. The mixing sound of the machine and voices muffled as their brain slowly cleared. They could hear their names being called and a family member calling for a doctor.

Upon realization, they hurriedly got up and made their way past through their families. Before any staff, nurse or doctors come... they have to meet...

They have to...

They need to see each other...

"Beomgyu!"

"Kai!"

"Taehyun!"

"Soobin!"

Their names were called as they push through. The four of them meeting each other's eyes. The mix of emotions they felt was immense, it was like déjà vu.

"I'm so glad you made it back..." is what the first words they remember was exchanged that time when Yeonjun was... when the oldest among them was gone

A moment of relief and joy filled their system, before a shred of panic arose.

Where was Yeonjun?

Hueningkai felt his legs wobble at seeing only 4 of them. Eyes started to water as he met the others eyes.

Soobin looked as if he wanted to hurl whatever food he'd consumed from the sick feeling building up inside him. It can't have ended the same way.

Taehyun was shaking his head, gripping the book tightly that was somehow next to him when he woke up. He just wanted to cry.

Beomgyu wanted to say something that will lighten the mood but even that, seems so far. He couldn't even manage to feel fine, how can he do the same to the others?

Was everything they did, all for naught?

____•*•____

Yeonjun

"Think of nothing but home..."

He remembered a very peculiar scene, something he would've gone through. A vision of a dream he wanted so bad that he was willing to throw away everything he's worked hard for, just to live a lie.

What was wrong with him? He's so much better than those horrible thoughts swirling in his head...

He would've given in, he would've given up.

If the members hadn't snapped him out of his dark thoughts then...

That thronelike vines, surrounded with poppies, purple liquid pooling beneath him... flowers adorning his head and a him, seemingly dead.

Himself, staring at his own body bloodied and lifeless among the wrecked stage surrounded by debris of what the stadium used to be.

He would've simply faded like that... without ever really reaching anything...