°*• Chapter 27 •*°

~*☆*~

Hueningkai

It was the 3rd period which left his class with a free period because of their teacher being absent. They were only told to do self-study but Hueningkai is obviously not gonna do that. Right after the last period, after turning in his exercises to the teacher he collected his stuff to keep them. Then he'd go on to help Taehyun and maybe practice a few lines for their performance following the plan. Everything was prepared as he recieved a text from Taehyun.

"Let's head over the benches outside so we can focus." Taehyun's text goes, he couldn't use his cellphone to text Taehyun earlier because they're not allowed to use phones during class.

"Sure." He replied simply as he looked towards Taehyun who was keeping his stuff and carrying the book on hand.

He smiled when he saw the paper they were using to communicate earlier sticking out from the pages of the book as if its a bookmark of some sort. Their eyes meet and Taehyun gave him a small smile motioned that they should leave while moving to leave first.

Hueningkai never really thought of befriending someone like Taehyun. He seemed like someone hard to get along with or even talk to but truthfully... after even talking to him once, its quite easy. They even share a few interests together, one being their dream to debut along with the others.

Hueningkai was just about to follow Taehyun when a classmate called him.

"Hey Kai, are you gonna hang around with that Taehyun again?" One guy asked.

"Yeah, you used to join us before even during lunch break. You barely hang out with us anymore." Another said.

"Well you know, there's detention we have to deal with together." He answered.

"So? Its not after class... and who deals with detention during lunch? You're neglecting us." The 1st guy said followed by a series of agreement from the group of friends.

"Maybe next time? There's really something we need to do together though." Hueningkai said apologetically to them.

Hueningkai is friendly alright? He's nice and kind to everybody and its true, he used to hang with most of their classmates when the term started. After getting to detention and being assigned to a team that may potentially debut, he's been busy and that's not to add their general schoolwork of course. The thing is, as much as Hueningkai disliked feeling left out, he hated it himself to be that kind of person too. So he feels a bit bad for not being around them, although he's not entirely sure if he actually wants to.

Well, these same people did told him before that he acts childish or like a kid sometimes. It hurt him to hear that but he admits that he can get quite naggy or upset when he feels like he's been left out. He never actually knew how others truly feel about that until he observed it from Beomgyu who had the same tendencies sometimes, only that the older seems to do it completely aware most of the time unlike him. It made him able to assess himself and learn how to control those tendencies by observing the older. He thought he'd thank Beomgyu for that but he'd imagine the older would go on calling him his desciple so he'd rather not.

"Eh? Are you sure you're not hanging out way too much with Taehyun?" One of them nudged him as he walked making him turn to the friend in confusion.

"You know how he is, he's a know-it-"

"He's nothing like that ______." Hueningkai cuts him off, he knew what everyone else thinks of Taehyun in their class.

He had thought, he was someone who dislikes people as he never interacted with the class unless necessary. He never even thought he'd end up considering him as a friend since Taehyun doesn't bother himself with others. Their interaction itself before almost felt like a necessity itself for him since they have to work together. He'd thought he'd just act normal, maybe he'd respond positively to him. Apparently, they ended up becoming so close they're always together now.