Author's Note

Hi! Before you start reading, I'd appreciate if you read this. If you don't want to waste time reading this, enjoy the fic! This is just to clear some things up, so things mightn't be as confusing.

#1. SHIPS.

There'll be a lot of different couples throughout this fic. I haven't planned very far ahead, but the couples will more than likely be

• Percabeth (Percy x Annabeth) obviously. I think this will be slowburn, honestly haven't decided yet.

• Frazel (Frank x Hazel)

• Solangelo (Will x Nico) my loves <3

•Valgrace (Jason x Leo) if you don't like this ship, I'm sorry ahah, I just prefer it a lot more than Caleo/Jasper.

•Shel x Piper. Shel isn't going to be one of the main characters, but she'll probably be included as Piper's girlfriend.

•Reyna x Rachel. I know, strange pairing, but for some reason I've always shipped them.

There'll be other couples too, between minor characters (e.g Silena x Charles) and even with some of the main characters, but obviously they're not the main ships.

#2. Character's sexualities.

Percy- Bisexual with female preference
Annabeth- Bisexual, male preference
Grover- Pansexual
Jason- Gay
Leo- Pansexual
Piper- Lesbian
Frank- Heterosexual
Hazel- Heterosexual
Reyna- Lesbian & Asexual
Rachel- Queer/Unlabelled (also I know this is gender, not sexuality, but trans mtf)
Nico- Gay
Will- Bisexual, male preference

I'm not necessarily going to mention all this throughout the fic. Such as Percy's bisexuality, I'm not going to just randomly be like "oh yeah Percy's bisexual". It doesn't need to be said. He'll probably describe some guys as attractive throughout the fic, maybe mention that he dated one, but it's not going to be anything too major. It's just a sexuality, it doesn't need to be overly mentioned. Thanks:)

#3 trigger/content warnings

If there'll be specific triggers in a chapter, I'll make sure to make it clear at the beginning of said chapter, but these are some warnings that will be in a lot of chapters

•cursing
•homophobia
•transphobia
•ableism
•abuse
•addictions
(Small amounts)

#4. Backstory

Just a few things about each character. Of course we'll learn more throughout the fic.

Percy- he doesn't know his father and grew up with his mother and abusive stepfather, Gabe. He was sent to Yancy Boarding School for troubled kids during 6th grade. He has anger issues & ptsd (later in the story). He had to repeat 6th grade and is older than most of the senior year.

Annabeth- her mother died during childbirth. Annabeth lived alone with her father until her stepmother moved in. Soon she had two twin halfbrothers. Her and her stepmom never got along. Annabeth ran away from home more than once, but always returned. She is dyslexic. After running away, Annabeth had to repeat a year, meaning she's older than most of senior year.

Grover- he was really sick during his 7th grade, but eventually got better, but had to repeat his 7th grade, meaning he's older than most of senior year.

Leo- never knew his father, his mother died in a fire when he was eight years old. He has autism. (I'm trying to do as much research to show Leo's autism without it being harmful. If you notice anything harmful in my writing, please say! I'll take it out straight away!) he also has ADHD & dyslexia.

Jason- lived with both his parents until he was two, when they broke up. His father didn't want to see him or Thalia, but would pay child support and give them gifts on their birthday/Christmas. After his father left them, Beryl got addicted to alcohol, leaving Thalia, who was only seven years old, to practically raise Jason. Thalia left for college and eventually moved out, leaving Jason to look after Beryl alone.

Piper- her mother left right after Piper's birth. Tristan, who was a famous movie star, never spoke about Piper's mother. Piper always tried getting her father's attention.

Frank- his father died in war when Frank was very young. He grew up in Canada with his mother, who also went off to war, right before he started high school. So, Frank went to live with his grandmother in America, going to American high school. During his sophomore year, Emily Zhang, his mother, also died in war.

Hazel- she lived in Alaska with her mother until her mother was murdered. She was then taken into her father's care, where she met her half brother, Nico.

Nico- he lived in italy, before his mother died. After his mother's death, he was sent to an orphanage with Bianca, until their father found them and took them to America. Nico wasn't great at the English language, and never really had friends. Bianca died (find out how later in the story. Only cause I haven't decided how yet lmao) leaving Nico alone at just ten years old. That was, until, the summer before his junior year, when Hazel, Nico's half sister, moved in.

Will- he lived in Texas with his parents, who were both pretty famous country singers. His father got sick when Will was 12, and died when Will was 13. Will's mother, Naomi, couldn't bare to stay in the house where her husband died, and eventually moved from Texas.

Reyna- she grew up with divorced parents, travelling from her dad's to her mom's with her older sister, Hylla. She'd been best friends with Jason Grace from kindergarten, just as Hylla had been best friends with Thalia.

Rachel- she realised she was trans when she was just a kid. All her friends thankfully accepted her, unlike her parents.

#5- character's ages

I haven't done the math, but all the main characters are in their senior year other than Nico & Hazel, who are in junior year.
Their birthday's mightn't be right in the fic, but I'm just trying to fit it in with the plot so please ignore that ahah

Sorry this was a long note, but thank you, and enjoy :)

-Rachael