WILL SOLACE

Will didn't know it was possible to be as hungover as Cal. Okay, yeah, he had a slight headache. Cal was next level.

"Cal, smile," Kayla shook her. "If Naomi finds out she'll tell my Dads and I'll be dead."
"I'm perfectly fine. Can I sleep?" Cal asked.
"Drink some water first- small sips-" Will handed her a glass. "And you're not sleeping for too long."
"Doctor Will in the making everyone," Austin nudged him. "Anyway, we'll leave you alone, Cal. Sweet dreams."
"You're talking to loud," Cal buried her head in the pillow.
"We'll go," Kayla whispered, leaving the room with Will and Austin.

They all went to the lounge, staying away from Naomi so she wouldn't find out that they were drinking a little. Lee and Michael were coming over in the evening, too, so if they snitched Will would kill them.

"So," Kayla said, sitting down beside him. "How has things been?"
"Terrible," Will muttered. "Kidding. Everything's alright."
"Are you sure?" Austin asked. "You can talk to us-"
Will rolled his eyes. "You sound like my mom."
"We just wanna make sure you're okay. We're leaving tomorrow and y'know- we just wanna make sure you're happy."

Will sighed. "I've just been tired."
"Then- sleep?" Kayla suggested.
"Not like that. Well, yeah like that. Insomnia. But I've just been tired of everything."
Kayla and Austin looked at each other for a moment.
"Lee and Michael are here," Will stood up, glad they got distracted. "Plus, we should probably make sure Cal doesn't sleep all day."
Kayla sighed. "Will-"
He pretended to not hear her. "Lee! Michael! Come on in-"

• • •

The next day, they had to go home. Already. Meaning school was going to start again and that was- awful. Will drove them to the airport, not wanting to say goodbye.
Kayla hugged him. "Tell us when you get with Nico."
"Kayla- you are so annoying. I'll miss you."
"If Jason does anything to Leo, beat him up for me. Please," Cal smiled.
"I don't think I'd be strong enough to beat Jason Grace up but- sure."

"Uh- yeah I don't have much more to say," Austin said. "But good luck with your SATs. Oh, plus, ask Nico to prom. And look after yourself."
"Ughhhh-" Will groaned.
"Hey, all I'm saying is that you have to ask someone to prom."
"Okay, okay. Goodbye now. Love you all. I'll see you soon- hopefully."

He hugged them all one last time.
"I'll miss y'all so much," he said. "Say hi to the rest of the family for me."
"Of course. I'll FaceTime you this evening," Kayla smiled. "See you soon."

• • •

The drive home was a whole lot quieter than it was before. So was the house when he got home. Everything was suddenly a whole lot lonelier. So he did the logical thing and texted Nico. Just to talk, you know, like friends. Because that's all they'd ever be.

———

Word Count: 488😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

———

A/N: okay. THIS is the shortest chapter yet (I seriously have to stop saying that). Sorry folks couldn't let the Solaces leave without saying bye. I'm sorry if the quality has gone 📉 recently lmao

Anyway, I've been focusing on the rewrite but honestly I don't have much experience with writing. If any of you out there would like to help/be a co-writer (with full credit whenever the fic is published) then feel free to DM me on any of these:

wattpad: Marauders-arise

Instagram: supersize.mcshizzle
(oh god. Please ignore the edits on there. I went through a strange phase.)

TikTok: oracleof_delphi

If there are a few of you then I'll make a group. Honestly I just need that tiny bit of advice and appreciation. Ily <3