PIPER MCLEAN

They all sat together at lunch. If they were apart, they'd constantly text into the group chat. Passing notes in class. Leaving class to stand outside Hazel and Nico's classroom.

Piper's favourite moments were skipping classes with her friends.
It was a Wednesday morning, so Piper had a study period, meaning they walked around the school doing nothing. Jason talked to Drew for a few minutes, planning on meeting up after school, then joined his friends.

It was awkward, the ten of them finding space to sit, but they managed. That's why Piper loved the friend group so much. No one got left out.
"It sucks that Hazel and Nico aren't here," Will said.
Piper stood up. "On it."
"What?" Grover asked.
"Just wait!" Piper walked off, looking for Nico and Hazel's classroom.

Piper eventually found them in geography. She entered the classroom, which seemed like a madhouse. Connor Stoll was throwing balls of paper at Nico, until Nico threw his textbook at Connor.
Hazel and Mitchell were painting eachother's nails with Wite-Out. Alice Miyazawa and Julia Feingold thought it'd be funny to also throw their textbooks at Connor. Butch Walker slammed his head on the table, complaining about the noise. Lou-Ellen Blackstone set a pencil on his head for no reason.

All this time, the teacher was trying to get them under control. They went quiet when Piper walked into the classroom.
"Excuse me, Miss, Coach Hedge asked me to get Nico di Angelo and Hazel Levesque for him. May they be excused?" Piper smiled.

"Of course, Miss McLean," the teacher said, before sighing. "Connor, can you please put your shoes back on. Connor, don't throw your shoe at Nico. Alice, Julia, don't. Mitchell, please. WILL YOU ALL STOP THROWING SHOES AT NICO?!"
Nico sighed and Hazel's shoe hit him in the face.
Eventually they came out of the classroom with Piper.

"Hazel, was throwing your shoe at me actually necessary?" Nico asked.
Hazel hopped beside him, still putting one of her shoes back on. "Yep. Wait a minute, isn't this Alice's shoe? Be right back."
Hazel hopped back into the classroom, getting her own shoe thrown at her. She ran back to Nico and Piper.

"Your class seems.." Piper tried to think of the right word. "Concerning."
"Trust me, it is. Why did Hedge want us?" Nico asked.
"Oh, he doesn't actually. The rest of us have a free- I mean study- period and it wasn't the same without you two." Piper explained.
"Aww!" Hazel smiled.
Piper laughed. "It's the truth."

They got back to their friends and sat down.
"Oooo. You two are skipping class. Tut tut," Reyna joked. "I might have to give you detention."
"Shh. No one has to know." Hazel grinned.
"Is that Wite-Out on your nails?" Annabeth asked.
Hazel laughed. "Maybe."

Leo and Jason were sitting beside each other but were trying to move away. Like they didn't want to be around each other. Piper frowned. Leo wasn't telling her something.

• • •

At the end of the day, Piper walked outside with Frank. She noticed Jason walk over to Drew, looking worried. Annabeth got into a car with Percy, the Stoll brothers getting in too and Katie Gardner. Nico and Hazel got into the back of their car, talking to the driver. Rachel was walking with Grover. Reyna got on her motorbike and drove away. Will was driving his car.

"Bye, Frank," Piper smiled as he got into his car. She saw Leo and went over to him. "Want a ride home?"
Leo shook his head. "Nah, I'm going home with my absolute favourite sister."
Nyssa Barrera, one of the orphans Leo lived with, walked over to him. Piper didn't know why Leo was suddenly spending time with his siblings, but she wasn't going to complain.
"Alright, see ya tomorrow!" Piper called, walking back to her car.

———

Word Count: 646

———

A/N: short chapter after the last monstrosity. Basically just saying the friend group are besties now cause they cool like that. Also nico and hazel's class 🤩. I hope to have more background/side character content, but I'm mainly focusing on the main 12 right now. 12 is such an awkward number for a friend group LMAO
ACTUALLY STORY TIME. When I first planned this it was only going to be the seven that were in the friend group then I was like "hm but Nico and reyna"
"Then we need Will too."
"yknow what I aint leaving Grover and Rachel our."

anyway I have to go to school I'm already late BYE