PERCY JACKSON

For the first time since October, the twelve friends didn't sit together at lunch. No, they didn't have a fight, they were just split into the smart kids and the not-so-smart kids. SATs were coming soon. Some people were stressing and saying they didn't have time to talk they had to study. Others... weren't so bothered.

Percy looked over his shoulder at the nerds' table.
"Annabeth, you've been studying all day will you chill," He said.
"SHUT UP!" She screamed back, two textbooks opened in front of her. Will, Jason, Reyna and Leo, who were also at the 'studier's table' all glared at her.
"Yeah, Percy, maybe you should be studying," Frank joked.
"Says the one," Rachel nudged him. "I don't see you studying."
"You aren't- besides, what's gonna happen if I fail? My parents will get mad? My grandmother?"
Nico was the only person to laugh at his joke.
"Frank!" Hazel scolded.
"Wha-" he paused. "Ow. My ears are ringing."
"It's your grandmother yelling at you," Nico laughed, again, no one else laughing.
"Probably- maybe I will go study," with that, Frank stood up and joined the study table.

Percy laughed. "Now there's six of us."
"Six to fail exams," Rachel smiled, as if she didn't really care.
"Four," Nico corrected. "Hazel and I don't have SATs."
"You still have exams, bud."
"Don't call me bud," he glared at Rachel.
"Sorry, kiddo," she patted his head and even though he glared, he said nothing.

"I was thinking about summer," Piper eventually said. "After exams and all, do you lot want to come to my beach house for a week or two?"
"If Will doesn't do well in his SATs, he will be too depressed to do anything," Nico said. "So maybe."
"Aww," Grover grinned. "Nico's not going to go if Will doesn't."
"Shut up."
"I'm hella down to go," Rachel smiled.
"And y'know," Piper shrugged, looking over to Grover. "We could always invite Shel, if you want."
"More like if you want," Hazel laughed. "Two weeks with Shel is a dream come true for you."
"Hazel, shush," Piper put a finger on her lips. "That's totally not true."
"You see," Percy sighed. "Two weeks with Jason Grace is torture, but I'll go."
"Great," Piper smiled. "Summer is going to be great."

• • •

That evening, Sally and Paul went out to dinner. Percy knew exactly what was going to happen.
Sally Jackson came home with three happy meals for Annabeth, Tyson and Percy, an engagement ring and unexpected news.

After they ate their happy meals, Annabeth went home, Tyson went to bed and Percy was sat down in front of Paul and Sally for a chat. He'd had 'chats' with many people before, usually never good ones.
"What did I do?" Percy asked instantly, sitting down.
"You didn't do anything," Paul said.
"You're right, I didn't do my English homework."
"We can talk about that tomorrow," Paul narrowed his eyes.

Sally laughed, still staring at the engagement ring, looking purely happy. Percy was glad to see she was happy. Truly happy. Complete.
"Well, Percy, this is more serious than English homework," she said.
Percy from Paul back to Sally. "I can't believe he isn't denying that."
"She's right."
Sally took one of Percy's hands. "Sweetie."
"Uh- yeah?"
"I'm pregnant."

Percy laughed. Then he realised it wasn't a joke.
"Wait what?"
"I am pregnant."
"Wait-" He paused, looking between Sally and Paul again. "But you're old!"
"Percy, I'm only turning 40 this year."
"Yeah- but- huh?! Okay. So I'm going to have another little sibling?" At this point, Percy counted Tyson as a brother, even if he annoyed him some days.
"Yeah," Paul nodded. "Is that okay?"
"Uh- yeah!" Percy grinned. A month ago, he would've hated to receive this news. Now he was overjoyed. "Well- I'm not changing any diapers. Though I will be coming home from college as often as possible to see them."
Sally laughed. "Fair enough."

• • •

That might, Percy was studying when Sally came into his room.
"Hi, Mom," he said, not looking up from his book.
"Perseus Jackson is studying. This has been a strange day," she said, sitting down next to him.
"Hah. Very funny."
"What're you studying?"
"English. Oh- don't tell Paul. I don't wanna boost his ego."
"Your secret is safe with me."
"Good," Percy closed the English book. "So, what's up?"
"Just wanted to know how you're feeling."
"About you getting married? Having another kid?"
"Well.. yeah."

Percy smiled. "I don't know. Senior year has been the best year of my life. And I know this has been the best year of your life, too. Seriously, I've never been happier. Is the wedding cake going to be blue, though?"
"Well, duh."
"Yep. Then I'm overjoyed."
Sally hugged him. "You're the best son anyone could ask for."
"I know. It's tough being this great."

———

Word Count: 810(yikes)

———

A/N: hating this chapter almost as much as I hate Octavian x

(Okay maybe not THAT much)

But fr, sorry for this, it was mostly to announce Sally and Paul are engaged, Estelle is coming (well, in a good few months) and the first 3 chapters of my royalty au are published :D
(The Ways of the Kingdoms) available on both Wattpad (@marauders-arise) and ao3 (@oracle_ofdelphi)

Another thing, as I said in the a/n on one of the chapters in the royalty au. WALKER SCOBELL HAS BEEN CASTED AS PERCY JACKSON. I AM OVERJOYED. However, there are CERTAIN people in this fandom (none of you, I hope) who are simply toxic.

(Copied and pasted from the other a/n ⬇️⬇️)

YALL. WALKER. SCOBELL. AS. PERCY. MF. JACKSON.

I'm genuinely so happy and this sounds cringe af but these books mean the world to me. Finally seeing the live action come to life is so surreal. I still can't believe we have such an amazing Percy. I wish Walker the best of luck <3

But seriously, anyone who is mean to Walker, I will come for you/hj.
He's 13. If he isn't what you imagined Percy to be, keep that to yourself. We don't know whether his hair will be dyed black like Percy's and if it is not, he is still the perfect fit. The fandom bullied Alexandra Daddario (movie Annabeth) for her brown hair. Let's not let that happen again. Again, he's 13. Don't sexualise or make weird comments. All this applies for when Grover and Annabeth (and anyone else) is casted.

#PJOCastDeservesRespect