THE CHASES

[MAGNUS CHASE]

Thankfully, the eight of them got to the hotel okay, if you didn't count the fact that Mallory spilt a drink on Blitz and he almost 'died' because his outfit was ruined. T.J also insisted on stopping everywhere cause New York was totally super cool and exciting. (Hence the sarcasm. The only reason Magnus chose to spend spring break in New York was to see Annabeth).

They decided to meet at a coffee shop, since Magnus didn't exactly want to see Uncle Fredrick. He was going to invite her to the hotel, but he knew his friends would kill her. He left early, because Chases are never late. 

When he got to the coffee shop, he realised that Chases were never late because they were always early. He recognised Annabeth straight away. Her blonde curls were pulled into a bun, her grey eyes staring into the distance. She hadn't really changed since they were kids. Magnus prepared himself, then approached her.

"Hi?" He said, breaking her trance. She looked at him, one thousand thoughts hidden behind her eyes.
"Magnus?"
"Magnus," he confirmed.
Annabeth stood up slowly. "I can't believe-"
"Hi,"
"You've grown up."
"So have you."

Annabeth hugged him. For a minute, he was cautious to hug back. He'd always hated physical contact. Then he hugged her and didn't feel so scared anymore. 
"How are you?" She asked, sitting back down.
"Uhm- okay. Thanks. How are you?"
"Amazed. Wow. Hi!"
Magnus laughed. "Hi."

[ANNABETH CHASE]

She could've cried. Looking at Magnus felt like looking at a guy version of herself. Apart from the hair, his looked like Kurt Cobain's. She was supposed to grow up with her cousin- then they were separated. Even when Natalie died, when Annabeth was 15, she wasn't allowed to go to the funeral. Her dad said he didn't want her missing school. She felt awful.

"I'm so sorry I haven't been in contact," Annabeth said. "I tried. It was impossible."
"Don't worry about it. It took a long time to find you." He said.
"How did you find me?"
A small smile spread across his face. "Tristan McLean obsessions aren't all bad."
"What?"
"I kinda love Tristan McLean's movies and I kinda decided to find his daughter's Instagram and kinda found a photo of you and her together."
She laughed. "Seriously?!"
"Yes, seriously," he mumbled.

"Hah. How's everything in Boston? I'm guessing you weren't talking to Uncle Randolph."
"Not for years, no," he shook his head. "But everyone else is here. Amir couldn't make it, he had to work at his dad's falafel shop. But that's okay. That falafel is fucking amazing-"
"Wait. What do you mean everyone else is here?"
"My friends. Seven of them," he smiled. "You gotta meet them. They'd love you."
"Oh- that's a lot of people to bring to New York."

Magnus shrugged. "Well, basing off Piper's instagrams, you have a bigger friend group."
"Yeah- I'm not bringing them all on a road trip-"
"I couldn't leave anyone behind!"
Annabeth laughed. "Well, I'd love to meet them."
"Good! I mean. Cool."
"If you meet my friends and boyfriend."
"Boyfriend?!" He grinned. "I can't wait! We should throw a party. All of our friends meet. I mean if you're cool with that."

"A party?" Annabeth asked, doing calculations in her head. The twelve of them, Magnus and his seven friends, plus Shel Underwood, who Grover was picking up from the airport. 21 people.
"I love parties."
"I can text Piper. Her house is huge and will be able to fit us all."
He gasped. "Tristan McLean's house?"
"Yup."

[MAGNUS CHASE]

They talked for another hour, planning on meeting up later that evening with their friends.
"I better get going," Annabeth said eventually. "My dad will be wondering where I am. See you at six, okay?"
"Yeah, of course."
"It's been great to see you again, Magnus."
"Yeah," he smiled. "I wish things could've been different. I wish we could've spent more time together as kids. It's not too late though."
"No, it's not. See you later."