PERCY JACKSON

When the bell rang to end the school day, Percy's life became a whole lot weirder.

He walked outside with the Stoll brothers, Katie and Annabeth, just like everyday.
"Uh," Travis said. "Gotta go. He's mad at me because I ran out of English class."
Travis ran away, over to Pollux and Castor who always insisted on walking back to the apartment complex.

Percy didn't know who 'he' was, until he looked over to his mom's car. Then he looked over to Annabeth, Katie and Connor.
"Is my mom talking to Mr Blowfish?"
"Yup," Annabeth nodded. "Did you get into trouble today? Maybe he's talking about that?"
"No, I never get into trouble,"
"Right."

"Sure," Connor said. "But why else would your mother communicate with him."
"Why are you all so mean to Mr Blofis?" Katie asked.
Connor shrugged. "Funny?"

Percy got into the front seat of the car anyway.
"I'll see you later," Sally continued talking to Mr Blofis, before he went back into the school.
"Huh?" Percy asked.
Sally frowned. "What?"
"Why were you talking to Mr Blowfish?"
"Oh, Tyson left one of his toys back at our apartment. I was just returning it to Paul."
"Who is Tyson?"
"Paul's son."

Percy thought for a minute. "Wait, why was Blowfish's son at our apartment?"
Annabeth, Connor and Katie seemed to be getting more uncomfortable. They were all being quiet for once.
"The night of your stay awake, I looked after Tyson since Paul had to go into the school." Sally kept her eyes on the road.
"Wait, what?!"
"We can talk about it when we get home."

• • •

Annabeth, Connor and Katie were extremely quick to leave the car.
Sally and Percy walked back to their apartment in silence. Until Percy closed the door behind him.
"Percy, I've been meaning to talk to you."
"No shit." He muttered.

"Last Saturday, I went out with Paul." She said.
"And you didn't think of telling me?"
"I was waiting for the right time."
"The right time?! You should've told me on Saturday. What if something happened?" Percy yelled.
"Percy, he's been your English teacher since you were fifteen. You know he's a good guy."
"No I don't! Just because he seems nice doesn't mean he is."

Sally sighed. "I know you're concerned but I can look after myself. You don't need to worry about me."
"You just don't get it!"
"Percy, sweetie-"
Percy went into his room and slammed the door.

After five minutes, there was a knock on the door. Percy had already thrown half his things across the room in frustration.
"Just leave me alone," he said.
"Percy, open the door."

As much as he wanted to stay stubborn and block her out, he couldn't help but open the door.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, sweetie. I knew it'd be hard for you." Sally said.
"I don't mind that you didn't tell me, I guess. I don't know."

Sally didn't say anything, just listened, so Percy spoke again.
"I mean- I don't mind you going on more dates with him. I just-" Percy sighed, not knowing what to say. He couldn't describe how he felt. "I'm worried. I don't know. Gabe was with us for almost 18 years, I don't remember ever growing up without him. He was an asshole. Since he was the closest thing I had to a father figure I guess I just think every man is the same. A potential asshole. It's stupid."

Sally looked like she was going to cry. "It's not stupid. I know how you feel. Look- I know last time it didn't go well, but if you want me to get you a therapist I will. Or if there is any way I can help. If you want me to stop seeing Paul then I'm completely fine with that."
"You are not sacrificing your happiness for me again. I'm okay with you seeing Paul. As long as he doesn't make me read Shakespeare," Percy joked. "As for therapy, I don't know."