PIPER MCLEAN

Piper threw the last of her suitcases into the back of the minibus. Could all thirteen of them have fit in two cars? Yes. Did Piper have to take that many bags and suitcases with her that they had to rent a minibus? Yes.

It had 15 seats. Jason agreed to drive half the way and Frank the other half. It was literally stuffed with all of their belongings- going away for a week and a half involved a lot of packing.
"Annabeth, I'm telling you, two books are enough. You don't need six," Percy sighed.
"I already sacrificed two, Jackson!" She snapped.
"Jeez- okay, okay-"

Going to her beach house with all her friends seemed like a good idea to Piper. Shel was coming, too, which seemed like an exceptionally great idea. It was the last day of June- the day before Jason's birthday. The best way to celebrate was going on a road trip then chilling in a beach house.
Jason's nose looked mostly normal again, the bruising had mostly covered up, but he still hadn't been himself since the incident. All his friends knew- it was hard to keep secrets in such a big friend group, but everyone was supportive. Piper still felt awfully sorry for him though.

"I'M ON AUX!" Leo shouted before they even got into the minibus.
"No," Frank said instantly. "I am not listening to slim shady from here to Virginia."
"How dare you assume that of me?" Leo said. Piper watched as he exited the Spotify playlist full of 'slim shady' 'slim shady remix' 'slim shady cover' and go into his playlist called 'my friends don't like slim shady that much'.
"Please tell me that was a joke," Piper whispered, looking over his shoulder.
"I could lie, but I don't want to. No Pipes, it wasn't a joke."

"Come on-" Reyna said. "We have to get going before rush hour!"
"I'm ready," Hazel shrugged.
"I'm not!" Rachel shouted. "There's no room for my suitcase!"
"Looks like you're going to have to get rid of the sunglasses suitcase, Piper," Will said. "Just choose one pair and-"
"ABSOLUTELY NOT!" She yelled back.
"Can't you all just go shopping when we get there instead of fighting?" Nico asked. "I'm sure you can afford a new pair of sunglasses, Piper."
"How will we bring them home, Einstein?" Piper asked. Nico just rolled his eyes and walked away.

• • •

"We're half an hour behind schedule," Annabeth said while Jason drove down Piper's driveway. "This is not good."
"Annabeth, darling, light of my life-" Percy began.
"Shut up," Grover said.
"You shut up. Anyway- Annabeth. We're on holidays. There is no schedule anymore."
"OH MY GOD MR BRIGHTSIDE!" Leo shouted.
"Leo, you're the one who literally just clicked that song and pressed play," Jason mumbled as Leo turned the radio up full blast.

"This is going to be the best summer ever!" Hazel said. Piper, who just so happened to be sitting beside Shel Underwood, couldn't agree more.

• • •

"I need to go to the bathroom," Leo complained.
"I stopped 20 minutes ago, Leo," Jason groaned.
"Yeah, and I drank water since then. It's a warm day, Grace."
"We both know that wasn't water."
Leo frowned. "True. Song suggestions."
"ANYTHING BY TAYLOR SWIFT!" Hazel shouted.
"That's not a song," Leo said.
"No- I mean- just play a Taylor Swift song," she sighed.
"GOOD IDEA!"
"You're all really annoying," Nico mumbled.
"Apart from me," Will said. "I'm not annoying."
"We'll see about that," Leo smiled, putting on a weird country song Piper didn't recognise, even though she unfortunately went through a country music phase.

"OH MY GOD!" Will grinned. "THIS SONG IS MY SHIT-"
"You're the most annoying," Nico said.

• • •

"Hey Jason," Rachel walked up to the front of the bus. "I have a preposition."
"What is it?" He asked.
"You see that gas station? You should stop," she suggested.
"Why would I do that?"
"Well-"
"Rachel Elizabeth Dare, last gas station, FIFTEEN MINUTES AGO, you told me you were too good for public bathrooms. And NOW- okay. Okay. Calm. Frank, you're driving now," Jason groaned, pulling into the gas station. "We're already out of gas."

• • •

After five hours of driving, people started to fall asleep. Will offered to drive for the last 3 hours. Piper would've offered, but she knew she would crash. Will had already been driving a massive jeep for over a year, so there was no worry there.

Leo decided to put on some 'calming music' which actually had Piper almost falling asleep. Then she suddenly heard Leo's voice through the speaker, which was on full volume.
"WAKE UP BITCHES. WE'RE HERE."
"MY EARS-" Reyna shouted.
"Woah-" Shel looked out the window. "This is going to be so much fun."

"This place is massive," Reyna muttered. "How many bedrooms are there?"
"Six," Piper said, glad to finally get out of the minibus.
"That's two in each!" Rachel grinned. "And- uh. One person left over. Damn. They can sleep on the couch."
Grover sighed. "Well since y'all are gonna go couple-couple, looks like I'll be sleeping on the couch."
Leo grabbed Jason's arm. "Jason is my roommate!"
"And they were roommates," Hazel whispered.
"No they were not!" Piper shouted.
"Annabeth can you be my roommate?" Percy asked.
"No!" Piper shouted again. "No girls and boys together. No couples together."

"What?" Rachel shouted. "Oh come on-"
"Great!" Grover smiled.
"So, there'll be two in every room, apart from one, which will have three boys," Piper said. "So, Jason, Nico, you're in a room. Grover, Frank and Will, you're in a room. Percy and Leo you're in a room. Hazel and Rachel, Reyna and Annabeth- so that leaves me and Shel!"
"EXCUSE ME, McLean!" Leo shouted. "You said no couples."
"Yeah, I forgot you and Percy had a thing for each other," she joked.
"Nuh-uh. If you're going to make stupid rules about Jason not being my roommate then you can't share a room with Shel!"

Piper glared at Leo. "Well- we're not- y'know-"
"Piper and Annabeth in a room together," Leo crossed his arms. "Reyna and Shel in another room."
"Ugh- whatever!"
"I still don't get what's wrong with Jason being my roommate though-"
Will covered Nico's ears. "Keep your answer PG, Pipes."
"I'm the same age as you, dickhead-" Nico snapped.
"Can you please stop calling me your roommate?" Jason whispered to Leo.
"But that's the problem," he smacked his forehead "I am not allowed to be your roommate!"
"Too right you're not," Piper said. "Now everyone unpack."

She opened the back door of the van. "Wait- who owns this suitcase?" She tried to pick it up, but it was concerningly heavy. "Uh-"
"I DO!" Percy and Leo both shouted at the same time.
"We do," Leo smiled. "It's me and Percy's."
"Leo and me's," Percy nodded.
"Do you know how grammatically incorrect-" Annabeth began, but shook her head, giving up.
"Well- me and Percy will just take this lovely little suitcase to our room," he tried to pick it up. "Percy, a little help here."

Piper didn't even want to ask, so she picked up two of her own suitcases and walked into the beach house. This was definitely going to be the best summer ever.

———

Word Count: 1211

———

SUMMER>

just a few things

a) obviously there's like pg13 jokes in this chapter, everyone stay calm, this is a smut free fic (cause my asexual ass feels uncomfortable reading/writing that) but they're teenagers, obviously they're going to do shit and joke

b) I have been on a mad writing spree and idk why which is a good thing for y'all, cause my exams are next week (have not started studying. I'm fucked) and I don't be able to write much, so hopefully I'll have time to at least edit and publish the chapters over the next few weeks!!:)