THE FUNERAL

[PIPER MCLEAN]

Leo was a wreck. He couldn't sleep alone, wouldn't eat, wouldn't leave his room. Piper didn't leave him once for about 14 hours straight, before he asked for some alone time. Piper left his room, only to hear him shouting and throwing things.
"Leo-" she opened the door.
"I can't be alone right now," he sobbed. "But I don't want you here. I just want to be with Jason."

Piper held Leo in her arms until he fell asleep. Honestly, she didn't really want to be alone either. What if there was the sound of glass shattering again? The sound of the trigger being pulled?
She had to be strong for Leo, but realistically she couldn't hold herself together.

"Pipes?" Tristan opened the door. He was trying his best, clearly feeling guilty for not being there that night. "Are you okay?"
"Go to bed, Dad. The funeral is tomorrow."
Tristan was about to say something else, but he left and closed the door behind him.

[THALIA GRACE]

She always wore black. Always. She never wore dresses or makeup, or did her hair, so she didn't. It was her brother's funeral, why did she have to look 'pretty'?

She sat in front of her mirror, staring at herself. Her and Jason had never looked alike. He was super tall. She wasn't. Blond hair, black hair. Even personality wise, they were nothing close. Some people said Jason and Thalia had the same eyes, but that wasn't entirely true. Jason's eyes were so much calmer. Friendlier. Were.

She couldn't believe she was getting ready for her little brother's funeral. The little brother who ate a stapler, annoyed her, was the only one who cared when she ran away and forgave her when she came back. But she couldn't self pity. She walked downstairs to find her mother, knowing Beryl wouldn't stay sober after this.

[PERCY JACKSON]

He straightened his tie. He hadn't slept since. Neither had Annabeth. She was blaming herself. No matter how much Percy tried to comfort her and convince her that it wasn't her fault, she wouldn't listen.

"Come on, you two," Sally opened the door, speaking softly. "It's time to go."
Percy took Annabeth's hand and walked out of the room.

[HAZEL LEVESQUE]

No one was coping well. Will and Frank stayed at her and Nico's house, not wanting to be alone. Hazel still felt alone. Why Jason? Why did it have to be him?
"We better get going," Frank said. Nico stared into the distance. Hazel hadn't heard him speak since they left the hospital.
"Right," Will wiped away a few tears. "Let's get going."

[GROVER UNDERWOOD]

When Piper called Shel, he expected her to say anything but 'Jason is dead'. But that's what she said. Grover didn't believe her at first. There was no way- no way that Jason Grace could be dead. But he was. It was so, so unfair. He was only 18.

[REYNA AVILA RAMIREZ-ARELLANO]

She went to kindergarten with him. She went to elementary school with him. She went to middle school with him. He was the first person she came out to. She went to highschool with him. He was the first person she told when she figured she had a crush on Rachel. He was there through the best and worst parts of Reyna's life. But he wasn't there for the very worst part. He wasn't there because he was dead.

All of her friends sat together in the church. It was full- so many familiar faces. Jason's death seemed to cause a silence over everyone he knew. Reyna couldn't bring herself to look at Leo, who was right beside her- that was much too painful.

[LEO VALDEZ]

"We are gathered here today to honour the death of a friend. A brother. A son-"
The words weren't making any sense to Leo. Jason's body was right there and he refused to look at it. Him. He refused to look at him.
He tried his best not to cry. Once Piper and Reyna, who were sitting opposite sides of him, held his hands, he did cry. He couldn't help it. Everyone cried.