MAGNUS CHASE

It was late before everyone started getting ready to sleep. They were too busy having pillow fights and playing more card games. Sam came back after completing her night prayer.
"Don't you think it's time we settle down?" She asked. "We have a birthday party tomorrow."
"One sec," Alex said. "Uno."
"Shit," Halfborn muttered, setting down another card.
Alex put down his last card. "Uno out! Boom."

Mallory grinned. "Of course Gunderson looses."
"Did they break up again?" Magnus mouthed to T.J, who shrugged.
"No?" He mouthed back. "They're flirting? Maybe?"
Blitz seemed to be thinking the same, because he sighed, his eyes darting between the couple-not-couple. "I'm going to bed."

"Same," T.J said. "Wait- this is my room."
"We're leaving now, Thomas," Mallory said.
"Okay, Mallory Audrey," he smiled back.
"Shut up. And goodnight," she left.
"See ya," Sam said, before leaving after Mallory.

Everyone left, apart from Alex. Magnus didn't pay much attention to him- he was identifying as a boy today, meaning he'd be sleeping in the dudes' room.
"Magnus?" Alex said.
"Yeah?"
"I'm sleeping in here tonight." He stated.
"I know."
"So are you. And Halfborn. And T.J."
"Okay? So?"

Alex motioned towards the beds. "There's three. Three single beds."
Magnus looked over to the beds. T.J was already asleep and snoring. "Uhm- well-"
"I can go into Mallory and Sam's room," Alex offered. "It's not that big of a deal."
"It is. I know you don't want to."
"True," he shrugged. "Guess you can just sleep on the floor."
"Excuse me! You can sleep on the floor."
"Me? Sleep on the floor? Wow. That's just rude."
"You just said-"
"Shut up, Chase."

Magnus sighed. "Well I'm not gonna sleep on the floor for you."
"I'm not sleeping on the floor! You go sleep beside Halfborn or something."
"EW! Gross. No. This is my bed and has been since we got here."
"Hm," Alex sighed. "Then we fight."
"Hey- that's totally not fair!"
"Shut up," Halfborn sighed. "Wait, did you say fight?"
"Go back to sleep," Alex ordered. Halfborn didn't have to be told twice.

"Okay-" Magnus said. "Let's talk this out. This is my bed. You-"
"Nighty night, Maggie," Alex said, lying down.
"Stop!"
"Can't we just share?"
"No."
"Then sleep on the floor."
"FINE! Move over."

After two minutes, Magnus had been pushed off the bed 3 times. Alex had been pushed off once.
"Can you just stop-" Magnus sighed, getting up off the floor.
"Fine."

• • •

The next morning, they both woke up on the floor. Whatever about cute books when they wake up cuddling. All Magnus woke up with was a million bruises on his legs from Alex kicking him in his sleep. And when he wasn't sleeping, too. Basically Alex just wanted to kick him.

"Wake up," Alex said, kicking him yet again.
"I'm awake. Just down here on the floor. Contemplating life."
"Understandable. Now get up, we have a birthday party to go to."
"But I'm tired."
"Hm. That was the best sleep of my life."
"Shut up. I hate you so much."
"I hate you more."
Magnus pushed Alex one last time, just for good luck. "We have a party to go to."

• • •

Everyone else was there by the time Magnus and his friends got there. Only because Blitz thought his outfit didn't fit the 'vibe'. Magnus was absolutely dreading his and Hearth's wedding if he was getting so worked up over an 18 year old's birthday party.

"Hey," Magnus smiled, walking into Rachel's house, trying not to collapse. This place was HUGE. Way bigger than Piper's place. His eyes were darting from wall to wall, unable to take it all in.
"I know," Percy nodded. "The decorating is shit."
Jason hit his arm.
"That's not exactly what he's shocked about-" Alex said.
"Don't," Rachel said. "I hate it. At least it's big enough for a house party."

"A what?!" Sam asked.
"Oh, there's a party party tonight. Everyone's invited. As long as my dad doesn't find out, we're cool."
"Uhhh," Sam muttered. Parties weren't exactly her thing, with the alcohol and weird people. "I'll be going back to the hotel for that."
"Right," Rachel sighed. "Sorry about that."
"Nah, it's fine. Hearth, you'll be coming too?" Sam said while signing.
Definitely. He signed back.

"Can I redecorate this place before the party?" Percy whispered to Rachel.
"The last time I beat you up was in September," Jason began. "I could do it again."
"WOAH WOAH WOAH- you never beat me up. You ALWAYS lost."
Magnus looked nervously over to Annabeth, who just shook her head in disappointment.
"Can you-" Leo stuttered. "Not start fighting? Uhm, hello? Jason? Percy?"
"Leave them," Annabeth shrugged.

"She's on her way!" Rachel suddenly shouted, phone in hand.
"That means there's no time to decorate," Percy sighed.
"Shut up, Jackson," Jason rolled his eyes.
"Can you all shut up?" Rachel asked.
Magnus and his friends stood quietly the whole time, which was rare.
"PLACES!" Annabeth shouted. People listened. Magnus could help but feel slightly proud.
"How?" Rachel muttered.
"I have my ways."

Magnus heard the sound of a motorbike coming up the driveway and hid behind a sofa with Alex.
"Hi," Magnus whispered.
"Shush," at least five other people whispered back. Alex smirked. "You should listen to them."
"Shh!"
So should you. Magnus signed with a smile.
Idiot.

———

Word Count: 895

———

A/N: wow another short boring ass chapter. This week has been so long 😭 but happy birthday ghost boy!! 🖤

Anyway, I was like 'only one bed trope 🤨' but then I was like 'no, someone could sexualise the minors' so they beat each other up instead. What can I say? Modern problems require modern solutions. Idk LMAO but thank you and I'm sorry that this was a boring chapter ☹️‼️