RACHEL ELIZABETH DARE

It had been three years since Rachel started transitioning.
She knew she was transgender long before that, but people only started realising it wasn't a 'phase' when she was in her sophomore year. She still wanted surgery, but her parents wouldn't allow it. She'd have to wait until she was an adult.

Even though she was a girl, she felt scared going into the girls bathroom. In her freshman year, the other girls would call her a 'creep'. The words kind of stuck with her, but she pushed open the door.

Drew was at the sinks like Rachel expected. She wasn't crying, thankfully. Rachel didn't want to deal with her crying.
"Hey," Rachel smiled, entering one of the cubicles. A simple greeting could make Drew know she's not alone.

Rachel stood there for a few seconds, not actually needing the bathroom. She flushed the toilet and walked out, washing her hands in the sink beside Drew.
"So," Rachel tried. "How are you?"
"Don't pretend to care how I am. Just say it. Am I okay because Jason broke up with me? Yes."

Rachel cursed herself. She could've tried to be more subtle. "Right. I'm sorry."
Drew shook her head. "It's fine. I'm relieved. I guess."
Rachel didn't know why Drew would be relieved about getting broken up with but chose not to question it.

"Yeah, Jason's a dick," Rachel eventually said, trying to avoid silence.
Drew almost laughed. "I thought he was your friend, though."
"He is. But still. But I'm really sorry for whatever he did. He won't say."
Drew rolled her eyes. "He wouldn't. Perfect fucking Grace."

"Right. Well, if you ever need someone-" Rachel shrugged. She still hated Drew. But she didn't like to see people being lonely.
"Nah, thanks. I think there are some people I need to apologize to. Hopefully, if I can get their forgiveness I can make some real friends. So, Rachel, I'm sorry for anything I said about you. You're as much of a girl as any of us. You proved that by making sure I was okay even though you rightfully hate me." Drew looked down, wiping her eyes.

"Thanks, Drew," Rachel smiled softly. "And of course. Anytime. Girls support girls, right?"
"Right," Drew nodded, before walking out of the bathroom.

Rachel dried her hands before leaving and returning to the canteen. She sat down and was almost certain Jason was about to cry, which would've been very awkward. Drew was nowhere to be seen.

The bell rang about 3 seconds after she sat down, which was very annoying.
"We have computers," Rachel smiled. Ever since that old loser teacher was fired, computers was Rachel's favourite subject. Plus all her friends, apart from Nico and Hazel, were in her class.

"Noo-" Will sighed.
"I thought you were like- really close with Lee?" Frank asked.
"Not when he tells you losers embarrassing stories."
"Haha, well we have biology." Nico said to Will.
"I hate you." Will said, punching Nico in the arm softly.
"Ow." Nico mumbled sarcastically.

• • •

Unfortunately, there wasn't enough room for the ten of them to sit together.
Fortunately, Lee didn't mind when they shouted across the classroom.

"Alright, alright, settle down. Will stop playing 'Operation Now'."
"No, I ONLY HAVE THIRTY SECONDS SO SAVE HER-" Will shouted, leaning into the computer.

Lee rolled his eyes. "Okay, well, anyway. So, apparently, I have to teach you how to make a video game, but I didn't take computer class in high school, cause I'm not a loser."
"It's actually because he's absolutely ancient and computers didn't exist way back in his day," Will said. "AHA! I saved her life!"

"I'm still very young!" Lee said. "Anyway, enough about me. Does anyone know how to code a video game?"
Of course, the only hands that went up were Malcolm and Annabeth's. Rachel laughed.
"Nerds," She whispered jokingly, getting that infamous death glare from both Malcolm and Annabeth.

"Okay, computer kids. You're teaching," Lee sat down at one of the spare computers. Malcolm and Annabeth glanced at each other.
"Go, Wise Girl!" Percy yelled. Annabeth poked her tongue out at him. Rachel and Grover looked at each other at the same time with a knowing smile.

———

Word Count: 703

———

A/N: another short chapter. Oops. Sorry I'm in a writing slump and was SUPPOSED to go to the funfair with my friends but had to babysit instead, but anyway enjoy drew redemption arc (sorta)

Loads of love:)