FUN FAIR

A/N: as you can tell I'm not American. You all call it the funfair, right??? It's called 'the amusements' where I live. Idk if it's also that in America, but yeah. Basically like rides. Zoom. Ferris wheel. Bumper cars. Y'know.

[PIPER MCLEAN]

Piper drove Leo, Will and Annabeth to the fair. Leo was sitting in the front seat, unfortunately taking control over the radio.
"I'm Slim Shady-"
"Leo, please," Will sighed.
"I'll pull in again. And I've already pulled in three times. Nico and Hazel got there fifteen minutes ago and we left before them." Piper warned, feeling like a mother.
"Fine, you boring losers. You are not epic gamers."
"Leo, say epic gamers one more time-" Annabeth groaned.

"Hey, we're here!" Leo jumped out of the car. The fair was lit up, people screaming on the rides. It was cold since it was the middle of October, but Piper didn't mind. She got out of the car, seeing the rest of their friends.
"Wassup, epic gamers?" Leo said.
"What took you so long?" Hazel asked, smiling. "We got your tickets, by the way."
"Leo wouldn't stop playing Slim Shady," Piper explained. Everyone nodded like that cleared it up.

"Ooh, someone go on that one with me!" Leo pointed to the biggest, fastest, scariest looking ride.
"I- don't think so." Hazel looked sick even looking at it.
"I'll go on it." Will offered.
"Thanks, epic gamer."
"I'll go. Wait I'll definitely die. But I'll go." Percy said. Grover looked at him like he was absolutely crazy.
"Someone has to babysit," Annabeth smiled. "Let's go, boys."

[RACHEL ELIZABETH DARE]

Ferris wheel. Jackpot. Perfectly romantic. Basic, but effective. Not for her, obviously.

Rachel pulled Frank aside. "Hey, Frank, Hazel is a little scared of everything. So, invite her on the Ferris wheel!"
"Really?" Frank asked, already knowing what she was planning.
"Yes."
"Alright."
Rachel fist-bumped Grover.

Piper, Nico, Reyna and Jason looked completely confused, but Frank and Hazel went off together.

[PERCY JACKSON]

He was really stupid.

Percy had never been to any sort of funfair in his life. Now he chose the scariest ride at the place first.
He was sitting beside Annabeth, their shoulders pressed together. Will and Leo were sitting beside them.
"Anyone else scared? Cause I'm scared." Leo said.
"Terrified," Percy mumbled.
"Hey, it'll be okay. It's completely safe," Annabeth said. "Trust me."

"Alright- okay, trusted," Percy said.
The ride started moving, so he did the obvious thing. Panicked.
"OH FUCK-"
"Percy, it's not even moving yet," Will said.
Annabeth put her hand on top of Percy's. Percy took it.
"Thanks." he managed.
"You two are so lucky Rachel isn't here right now," Will said, making Leo laugh.

Then the ride took off.

[HAZEL LEVESQUE]

It was just the two of them in the carriage, yet Frank's phone wouldn't stop ringing.

"I'm so sorry-" Frank said, answering the phone finally. "Rachel, are you okay?"
Hazel could hear Rachel shouting through the phone. "Yeah! I'm great!"
Frank hung up. 
"I'm really sorry about her," Frank repeated.

"It's okay," Hazel laughed. "I think it's cute."
"Cute?"
"Yeah," Hazel nodded. "She's a good friend."
Then she looked down. Why were Ferris wheels so high up? Now the carriage was swaying, making Hazel feel sick.
You're okay, you're okay.

"We're very high up," Hazel said, mostly to herself.
"It's alright. We'll be down soon." Frank smiled, taking both of her hands to comfort her.