PERCY JACKSON

Percy spent his Sunday morning handing out cookies.
He'd moved into the new apartment a week before, but never got time to 'meet the neighbours' as Sally said. He had met some of them, so that was a lie, but Sally insisted they had a proper introduction. On Saturday she made cookies, making sure there was enough for every single family. Now she was making Percy walk around and hand them out with her.

Apartment number one and two were unoccupied, being used for storage. Apartment three was Percy and Sally's new apartment. Sally knocked on apartment number four, knowing the owners of the complex lived there. They lived in apartment four instead of apartment three because it was being used for storage, too, until last year.

Katie Gardner opened the door. She was also in her senior year, but Percy wasn't in any classes with her other than chemistry. She smiled at Percy and spent a while talking to Sally about baking and gluten and flour. Percy didn't know, he'd stopped listening half way through. Finally, they moved onto number five, which was on the next floor. The person who opened the door made talking to Katie about grass seem pleasant.

"Jackson." Clarisse La Rue said, that ever so familiar sneer on her face.
Clarisse had graduate from high school last year, but tortured Percy just a few years before, during his freshman year. 'Tortured' meaning putting his head down the school toilet a few times.
Percy guessed Clarisse lived there with her parents, coming home from college on the weekends. He quickly shoved the cookies into her arms before moving onto apartment six.

Annabeth Chase answered the door. She stared at Percy with piercing grey eyes. Honestly, Percy never really paid attention to her in school, but when he did he noticed she was somewhat intimidating. The type of person you wouldn't want on your bad side.
"So, you're the new people? My dad and stepmom are out, sorry." She said, leaning against the doorframe. Two other kids were sitting behind her, playing with Lego. Percy guessed they were her brothers.
"That's okay!" Sally smiled. "We baked you and your family some cookies, just to say hello. Is there any allergies? If so I'll make a fresh batch-"

Annabeth smiled back. "No need to worry. No allergies. But thank you. It's nice to meet you, Miss Jackson."
"It is lovely to meet you too.."
"Annabeth." Percy said.
"Annabeth." Sally nodded. "Well, we better move on. Plenty of people to meet!"
"Alright, have a good day." She said to Sally, then turned to Percy. "See you around, Jackson."

"She seems nice." Sally said as they walked to apartment number seven.
"Mm-hmm." Percy knocked on the door. The guy who opened it seemed to be in his mid twenties. He had blond hair and looked like some sort of surfer guy.
"You're the newbies in apartment three? Nice to meet ya. I'm Lee Fletcher." The guy had a southern accent. He seemed to live in the apartment alone. They chatted for a while and moved into apartment eight.

The girl who opened the door glared at Percy. Percy had never met her before, but she seemed to take an instant disliking to him. She was no older than twenty, though her eyes were so fierce they looked like they could've been thousands of years old.
"Hello, I'm Sally Jackson. This is my son Percy. We just moved into apartment three."
"Hello, ma'am. Zoë Nightshade." The girl said, but didn't smile. Percy was glad when they moved on and went to the next floor.

He was already tired of holding cookies and talking to people, but Sally insisted the went to everyone. Charles Bekendorf, who'd been a senior the previous year, answered the door of apartment nine. He was with his girlfriend, Silena Beauregard, who explained that she lived in apartment ten with her dad. Her dad wasn't home, so they left the cookies with Silena.

There was plenty of noise coming from number eleven, but Sally knocked. Travis Stoll, another guy in a lot of Percy's classes, opened the door. His brother, Conner was throwing things at him. Percy guessed they were home alone, because no sane parent would let their kids be that loud.
Percy got along well with the brothers and talked for a while.
"Did you do the English homework?" Travis asked.
"Uh-" Percy glanced over to Sally. "Yes."
"Percy." Sally said, giving that mom look.
"Hey, it's not due until Tuesday. And Mr.Blowfish will cope."
Sally sighed. "Poor Mr.Blofis."