PIPER'S HOUSE

[LEO VALDEZ]

He was already at Piper's house, waiting for everyone else. Tristan wasn't going to be home, though it was his last day of shooting. Jane, Tristan's annoying assistant who Leo hated, was working from home, meaning the house was empty. Long ago, the McLean's had a personal chef, maid, chauffeur and a bunch of other fancy things Leo didn't understand. Now they just had Jane and Tristan's driver.

"Do you really think this will go well? Leo, you are so dumb for inviting these people over." Piper said, pacing back and forth as Leo sat on the countertop.
"Look, it'll be fine, Pipes. Don't worry." They were waiting for Will and Annabeth to arrive. The two of them were coming early, too. Surely they'd convince her it was a good idea.

When they arrived, they did not convince Piper it was a good idea. Instead, they told her it was a terrible idea.
"Too late now, though," Annabeth said, sitting beside Leo. She was right. A car was pulling up to the driveway. Hazel Levesque was the first to get out, before literally dragging Nico out with her. No offence, but Leo thought the kid looked miserable. He knew nothing about di Angelo, but he'd always freaked Leo out a bit.

Piper went to the door, welcoming them into the kitchen.
"Hi!" Hazel smiled, though she didn't look at Leo. There was something weird about her. Something off. Nico nodded, twisting his skull ring like he always did. He looked out of place in the bright, modern house.

[NICO DI ANGELO]

He felt completely out of place. Everyone else knew he was, too. Hazel had forced him to come along, telling him it'd be fun. This wasn't his idea of fun.
Another car pulled up. Nico hoped it wasn't Percy. He hoped Percy just wouldn't show, but he had no such luck. As soon as he saw Rachel's red curly hair, he knew Percy, Grover and Frank would be with her.

Piper went back to the front door, welcoming the four inside. Nico didn't look at him, instead looked at the white tiles on the floor.
"Hey guys," Rachel said. "Sorry if we're late. Percy's a bad driver."
"Hey- I am not!"
"Totally believe that," Annabeth Chase said. "Just two more left to come."

Jason Grace and Reyna Ramirez-Arellano. Nico didn't mind Reyna, but Jason was different. He didn't know if anyone apart from Reyna wanted him there.

At least half an hour passed. People were starting to think they weren't coming when two people on a motorbike sped up.
"Woah." Rachel said, looking out the window. Jason quickly got off the motorbike, taking off his helmet and looking extremely ill.

[RACHEL ELIZABETH DARE]

It was like a movie.
Reyna took off her helmet. For once, her dark hair wasn't in one braid. It looked much longer when it was let loose. And she drove a motorcycle.
The two of them came inside, bickering about something or the other. Rachel wasn't concentrating.
"Sorry, we're late," Reyna said, shooting a look over to Jason.
"No worries." Piper smiled.

Instantly Rachel could feel the tension in the room. There was no way everyone could get along.

[ANNABETH CHASE]

Nobody spoke for a while. Everyone just stood, staring at each other or their phones.
"Soooo-" Will said awkwardly.
"Who wants to play Monopoly?" Leo asked. Annabeth let out a sigh of relief. Finally, someone was talking. "Yeah, sure. But wouldn't there be too many of us?"
"Four teams of three?" Grover suggested.

They all got into teams. Annabeth didn't mind her team, she was with Percy and Grover. Jason, Piper and Leo were in a team. Reyna, Frank and Hazel were together, meaning Rachel, Nico and Will were together.