HAPPY NEW YEAR

[WILL SOLACE]

Will wasn't looking forward to the new year. It was the 31st of December. What would change in the new year? Nothing. It just meant going back to school. Oh, plus SATs. If his grades didn't improve then he wouldn't be going to med school, meaning his whole life was practically pointless.

He heard the front door open and close.
"Will, I'm home!" Naomi called. "Come help put the groceries away."
Will sighed and walked downstairs. "What took so long?" He asked, walking to the door.
"This place is nice, Naomi," Someone said.

"Wait-" Will turned around. "AUSTIN?"
"Hi! Kayla's in the bathroom." He grinned.
"Cal?! What is going on?"
"Hey," Cal smiled. "My moms said I should go discover the world. Starting with New York, apparently."
"Mom? What?"
"I wasn't going to get groceries," Naomi smiled. "Cal, Austin and Kayla are staying for the new year. It was a quick arrangement."

"Yeah," Austin sighed. "Jerry, Gracie and Yan weren't allowed to come. They're too young."
"But- you're all here-" Will rubbed his eyes, checking if he was dreaming. Why were they all here?
Kayla walked out of the bathroom. "Hi, Will."
Will hugged her straight away.
Naomi opened the fridge then closed it. "Okay- I seriously have to buy groceries. I shouldn't be too long. See you all in a while."

Naomi left, Will still hugging Kayla, probably suffocating her.
"How was Christmas?" He asked.
"Eh. Would've been cooler with you, Lee and Michael but it was okay." Kayla said.
"So, Will, hypothetically it's New Years Eve. So, hypothetically are there any parties going on in New York? Any actually fun parties." Austin asked.

"Austin all of our parents said no parties. Plus, I'm fifteen," Kayla sighed. "But hypothetically-"
"Oh yeah. Cecil, a guy who's in some of my classes, is having a party tonight. Anyone and everyone is allowed to go. You're all invited."
"Uhm- I've never been to a party," Cal said.
"Uhh, don't worry, Cecil's party won't be that extreme," Will lied. "Besides, Leo will be there."
"Oooooh-" Austin teased.
"Will Nico?" Kayla nudged him.

Will hoped his blushing wasn't as painfully obvious as it felt. "Yes- yes he will. Just like the rest of my friends. I don't know what difference it makes. Also, don't be mean to my friends."
"We'll try," Kayla smiled. "No promises. Anyway, I have a party I gotta get ready for."
"The spare room is upstairs to the right. Cal and Kayla, you two can stay there."

[JASON GRACE]

"Reyna's coming in five minutes-" Jason sighed. "I'll be fine."
"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Thalia said.
"That's very bad life advice. You'd do anything."
"True. Don't do anything I would do."
"Sure. Reyna's here. Gotta go!" Jason quickly left the house before Thalia could start lecturing him again.

"Hey," Reyna threw the second helmet at him.
"You really had to take the motorbike didn't yo- wait. Why does it look weird?"
"Got a new one for Christmas," Reyna smiled. "I had to take it. Come on."

[CECIL MARKOWITZ]

His parents totally wouldn't find out! No! When he said everyone was invited he didn't expect EVERYONE to show up. Some people he didn't even recognise.
"Is that a freshman?!" He shouted over the music.
"Better not to ask," Julia shouted back, before disappearing into the crowd.

This was going to be a nightmare.

[LEO VALDEZ]

"LEO!" Someone shouted. He was standing beside Piper, looking for the rest of their friends.
Leo turned around. "CAL? WHAT THE FUCK?"
"Hi. I lost Austin, Kayla and Will. Actually, no. I left them. They're being so embarrassing." Cal said, looking terrified.
"AUSTIN AND KAYLA ARE HERE, TOO?! WHERE'S WILL?"
"Seriously," Piper muttered. "FIVE Texans on the loose?"