NICO DI ANGELO

Nico knew school would be eventful. Naturally, he was dreading it. Classes with Connor Stoll was instantly awkward, especially since Julia and Alice definitely knew, meaning everyone would find out sooner or later. Reyna was hella mad at Jason. Reyna being mad was quite terrifying. 

He managed to stay clear of Connor. Lunch came quick. Nico sat at the usual table. Hazel and him were always last to arrive in the cafeteria, but today Jason wasn't there.
"He's been ignoring me all day," Reyna cursed. "I don't even know how. I sit beside him in most classes."
Leo rolled his eyes. "Fuck it. Why bother? Just let him be friends with other people and I don't know- start dating Drew again."

Nico noticed Hazel look at Leo then down at the table. She didn't look up again.
"Uhm, chill," Percy said. "I'm sure he's just- talking to a teacher."
"Some chance," Leo muttered.
"That's it, I'm calling a school council meeting for no reason. He'll have to show up. People, help me tell everyone." Reyna said, putting her hand on the table.
"I'm not even on the student council," Grover said.

Reyna ordered everyone to tell the other members. Nico gladly let Hazel tell the Stolls. Percy went to tell Katie. Annabeth told Malcolm. Frank went to tell Lacy and Clovis.
"Nico," Reyna said. "Find Jason and tell him."
Nico groaned. "Seriously?"
"Yes. Please."

Nico easily found Jason at his locker. Jason pretended not to see him.
"Grace. Student council meeting after lunch."
"I'm actually way behind that class, so I can't go-"
"You don't even know what class you have next, do you?" Nico said.

Jason didn't answer.
"You know you can't ignore us forever. Especially not Reyna. You're making it obvious that there's something going on."
"What?!" Jason practically shouted.
"I'm surprised no one else has figured it out," Nico said. "I personally thought it was pretty obvious."
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Well, I haven't figured it out fully. I don't know who it is."

Jason narrowed his eyes. "I don't understand."
"Oh, right. You're gay. I mean- you like some dude. Not necessarily gay of course. And you don't want to admit it. Is it Percy?"
Jason took a step back. "Hazel told you, didn't she?!"
"Hazel knows and she never told me?! No way. But no, I figured it out. Please tell me it's not Will- I mean- just cause Will is annoying and you don't want that." Nico said quickly. Hazel knew. How rude.

"How did you find out?!" Jason demanded.
"Oh, I was right? Anyway, it just was obvious. But a bit of advice, pretending it doesn't exist won't make it go away. Even if you think it will. So, you don't have a crush on Solace, right?"
"I don't have a crush on anyone."
Nico rolled his eyes. "God, Jason. I'm not that stupid. I'm not going to tell anyone. Look, I get it."

"No you don't! Can you just leave me alone?" Jason said.
"Oh, come on. Yes, I do get it. Just calm down. No one else knows- apart from Hazel, apparently."
Jason took a deep breath. He was literally shaking.

"Okay," Nico said. "I'll leave you alone. Just talk to Reyna, at least. I don't want her to be sad."
"She's going to hate me so much."
"I don't think she could ever hate you," Nico shrugged. "And I know it's scary."
"Even if she forgives me, he won't," Jason said, still not looking towards Nico.
"So it's true. There is some dude," Nico fought the urge to ask if it was Will again.
"Please don't tell anyone. But yeah. I mean, I don't know. I hate this."

Nico sat down in front of the lockers. "Why would 'he' not forgive you?"
Jason sat down in front of Nico. "It's complicated. I'd rather not say here. But what about you? How do you understand what's going on with me?"
"The only person who knows is Rachel. I-" Nico took a breath. "I had a crush on Percy Jackson for about five years."