PERCY JACKSON

YALLLLL! One of my amazing readers on A03 made amazing fanart of Rachel and Reyna's 'rain kiss' scene from chapter 52. I still can't fathom the fact that someone would make fanart from my fic. Thank you so much again!! I have no idea how to use the app they posted it on, so I'll share the link:) their watermark is at the top right, by the way!

I cannot thank you enough for making this 🥰🥰

https://imgur.com/a/xJNFJlP

(link will also be posted in comments:))

••••

"Hi, Bianca," he whispered to the grave, hoping Hazel and Nico were out of earshot. It seemed ridiculous. He was talking to a headstone. He couldn't help but hope that Bianca was looking down on him, though. Honestly, he just hoped she was happy, wherever she was.

"I think things have gotten better. Maybe. Some things, at least. I've been going to therapy which I needed a bit more than I thought. I got diagnosed with PTSD. That makes sense." He set down the flowers, taking away some dead flowers from a few weeks ago. "Then there's Paul. Mom is completely understanding about why I'm so reluctant. She's said she'll stop seeing him but I don't want that. She's happy for once. And Paul is funny. I'm just scared."

He stood in silence for a moment, breathing in the cold air.
"You never knew about Gabe. I was too scared to tell you, in case he'd somehow hurt you. I wish I had've told someone back then. When I told Frank, Rachel and Grover in sophomore year, they helped a lot. I still wish I could've gotten help sooner. But it's not too late. I think I've gotten less angry. I haven't gotten into a fight recently. Haven't hurt anyone. Maybe that's because I'm friends with Jason now, even though I do feel like fighting him sometimes."

Percy laughed to himself. "I think you'd like my friends. Annabeth, especially. She's great- uhm. And Nico's okay- well, you know that. I hope you do. He's gotten happier. I can tell. I'm happier, too. Apart from the fact it's cold and dark. On that note, I better go. Mom will kill me if she even hears me sneeze."
He put on his best Sally Jackson voice. "'I told you to not go out in the cold blah blah blah' Anyway- I'll talk to you tomorrow. Love ya, bye Bia."

• • •

The next morning, he got up and got ready for school, begging his mother to not make him go then being forced to go. You know, the usual. At least he didn't have English on Mondays. Plus, it was the last week before winter break.

His mom drove him, Annabeth, Travis, Connor and Katie to school, like always. The problem was Katie and Travis acting like a complete married couple instead of arguing.
"It's okay," Connor whispered to him. "The honeymoon phase will end soon. Plus, imagine how tired I am of it."
"I'll keep you in my prayers," Percy whispered back.
"I need more than prayers," Connor said, before getting a punch in the arm from Travis.

Percy went to his first class, geography. Frank, Grover and Rachel were his only friends in that class. Leo, Piper, Annabeth, Jason and Reyna were all in history. Nico and Hazel had math (ha, suckers). Will didn't come into school, for some reason.

After geography, he had chemistry with Frank. Frank was in every class with him. (They totally didn't plan that. Totally). Reyna and Leo were in Spanish, Annabeth, Jason and Grover were in physics, Rachel and Piper in art, while Hazel and Nico had study class. Lucky them. Even luckier Percy, though.

Jason and Piper walked into the classroom.
"Can we have Frank and Percy for a moment?" Piper asked, using that convincing voice that always seemed to work.
"Of course," the teacher said. "Have them back soon."
"Yes, sir," Jason said. Everyone knew Percy and Frank would not be back.

His other friends were already there- hopefully they wouldn't be caught. They didn't do it every time one of them had a free class. Just most of the time.
"Where's Will?" Nico asked. Hazel looked away for a few seconds, for some reason.
"He didn't wanna come in," Annabeth shrugged.
"Oh," Nico frowned.
"Ugh," Piper sighed. "We have gym today."
Reyna shrugged. "I'll hold a student council meeting then."
"I'm not on the student council!" Piper complained, Leo, Rachel and Grover nodding in agreement.

Reyna thought for a minute. "Well, just pretend you are for today."
"You want me to go to a meeting and not annoy everyone?" Leo asked.
"Uh. Yes."
"It's that or gym," Percy said.
"Don't you like gym?"
"Yeah. But I'm tired today."

• • •

Grover, Rachel, Piper and Leo temporarily joined the council to get out of gym or biology.
"Ever since when were they in the council?" Dakota asked, gesturing to Piper, Leo, Grover and Rachel.
"They're here because.." Reyna paused. "Uh. They're experts on today's topic."
"What's today's topic?" Travis asked.

Reyna glared at him.
"It's a genuine question." Travis shrugged.
"Uh- okay. Well. Today's topic is uhm that- Christmas talent show Katie recommended in our first meeting."
"How do Grover, Piper, Leo and Rachel help with this?" Connor asked.
"Because we have many talents," Rachel grinned. Percy could've seen that one coming from 20 miles away.
"Great suggestion though, Katie," Travis said, before getting shoved by Connor.

Reyna sighed. "However, we only have four days left until Winter break, so we don't have enough time to plan everything."
"Awww," Leo said. "But I had so many talents-"
"Shut up, Valdez, or you're going back to gym."
"Can I go back to gym?" Travis asked.
"No. So today's new topic is prom."

"That isn't happening for another like- ten years." Percy complained.
"Two or three months," Reyna corrected.
"Oh shit."
"Yeah. Anyway, we need to think of a date mainly."
"I do need a date," Percy complained. Rachel and Grover looked over to each other simultaneously.
"That's not what I meant," Reyna sighed.
"I know! But still-"

They continued to talk about prom for the whole class. Totally worth it, though. Plus, computers was the next class, aka the easiest class. While walking to the next class, he saw Nico texting Will on his phone, which was kinda hilarious. Will would definitely be happy about that.

• • •

By lunchtime, all the seniors were talking about prom. Plenty of juniors, too, hoping to be asked by one of the seniors. Percy himself was panicking, wondering who to ask. Okay, not wondering who. Wondering if she'd say yes.

He glanced over to her, just as she quickly turned her head away from him, her blonde curls falling into her face.

———

Word Count: 1040

———

A/n: finally updated again but I HATE HATE this chapter. Especially the middle like from the classes-after the meeting. It's a mess.

Anyway, I've been rewriting the fic which is taking quite a while to figure everything out, especially with such complex backstories. It will be slightly more mature than this version. But seriously, it's hard to write. Hopefully there'll be more updates soon! Love you!