WILL SOLACE

The worst feeling was wanting to do something but not having the strength, the mental capability, to do it.

Grover texted the group chat on Friday evening, wondering who wanted to hang out the next day. Within minutes, everyone had said yes. Apart from Will. He hadn't responded yet.

He wanted to. He really did. The thought of getting up early, showering and socializing just seemed to be too much. He loved hanging out with his friends but for some reason dreaded the thought of it.

Every fall and winter the same thing happened. He'd stop trying. His grades would slip, he'd stop talking to the people he loved. He'd stay in his room all day, with the curtains closed, not knowing or caring whether it was day or night.

Will knew he had to reply soon but he couldn't think of a good excuse. Annabeth knew Naomi would let him, so he couldn't say he wasn't allowed to go, but he didn't have a better excuse. Hopefully Annabeth wouldn't notice.

Will's Fans

Willsol: Sorry guys, my mom just said I need to stay at home.

Redare: NO NO NO YOU HAVE TO COME PLEASE

Willsol: I'm sorryyyy! Next time ofc

He knew he'd regret not going. That was the worst part of it.

Annabethany ❤️

Achase127: are you okay?

Willsol: yeah my mom just wants help around the house

Achase127: aw:/ well, look after yourself. If you want anyone to talk to I'm here

Willsol: thanks:)

• • •

Will slept for the rest of the day and stayed awake all night, even though he was still exhausted. The next day, he knew he had to get up, even though he didn't want to. It was already noon.

By half one, Naomi had asked Will to get up three times. He told her he would then didn't. Naomi knocked on the door for the fourth time and Will practically rolled out of bed.

He went to get breakfast, leaving the curtains in his room closed and the bed unmade. He had a few texts in the groupchat with his cousins, Austin and Kayla, which made him feel a little better. The whole Solace family groupchat was completely full, as usual. Mostly Yan complaining about their brother, Jerry.

When Will finished eating, he managed to get the motivation to shower. He got dressed and made his bed. He opened the curtains, the windows covered in frost.

He knew his friends were meeting up at one o clock. It was way after then, but he actually wanted to go now. They always made him feel better. So he rang Annabeth, hoping he wasn't making a mistake.

"Will!" Annabeth said through laughs. "Hi!"
"Hi, Annabeth. Uhm, I got up early and finished helping my mom," Will lied. "So if you want I'd be able to come over."
"Oh thank God! It isn't the same without you. We're at my apartment. Practically everyone who lives here has gone shopping for Thanksgiving today."
"Alright," Will smiled, happy she actually wanted him there. "See you soon."

Will drove his jeep to the complex. Annabeth was right, all the cars that were usually outside were mostly gone.

He walked inside and up to Annabeth's apartment. He'd been in the complex a lot of times, visiting either Annabeth or Lee.