LEO VALDEZ

He went in the ambulance with Jason. Piper, Percy and Annabeth promised to be just behind them. The way to the hospital felt way too long. The paramedics were doing everything they could, but he was bleeding too much.

Leo didn't cry. Not in the beginning. He watched, not allowed to get any closer. He tried talking to Jason. He watched the heart monitor.
Beep. Beep.

He eventually got to hold Jason's hand again, so he did what he always did.
•• / •-•• --- •••- • / -•-- --- ••-
I Love You
Jason's response was the slightest move of his finger. The beeping behind Leo stopped. The warmth in Jason's hand disappeared, as did the little strength it had.

Leo was pushed out of the way again as the paramedics tried to save him. He glared at the heart monitor, begging it to start again, begging for this to all have been a dream. Nothing happened. They arrived to the hospital. Jason was taken out of the back of the ambulance.

One of the paramedics put his hand on Leo's shoulder.
"Sir-"
"You can help him!" Leo said, as a statement, not a question. "He's going to be okay!"
"Mr Valdez, we have tried-"
"NO! NO YOU-"
"Leo!" Piper called, running out of her car and running over to him. "Leo! Where's Jason? Is he okay?!"
Leo fell into Piper's arm as the whole world collapsed.

They stood there for a while, people walking past, paying no attention.
"We need to go inside-" Annabeth said, still crying from when Luke first showed up. "Maybe he- maybe he's-"
"I was there. The heart monitor-" Leo's voice left him. There was nothing he could do anymore.
"Come on-" Piper took Leo's hand. "We have to go in, okay?"

There were tears streaming down her face and she was shaking, but she was trying to be supportive. Percy really didn't speak much. He didn't seem to believe Leo. The four of them walked into the hospital, the paramedic leading the way.

He knew there was no hope. Still, when he entered the hospital room, he half expected Jason to be sitting up. Breathing, at least. That didn't happen though.
"No," Piper covered her mouth. Leo couldn't bring himself to look at him.
"What?" Percy whispered, walking over to the hospital bed. "This wasn't- this isn't- this isn't fair. He- I-"
"Is there someone we should call? A parent? Guardian?" A nurse asked.
Leo couldn't answer.
"I'll call his sister and mom," Percy said eventually, being the only one able to speak, though Leo could see how close he was to breaking down.
"Okay. I'll give you some alone time. Call if you need anything."

[THALIA GRACE]

She was woken up by her phone ringing. As soon as she saw it was Annabeth ringing, she knew something was wrong. She answered the phone.
"Hello?!"
"Thalia?" A boy's voice came from the other side of the phone. "It's Percy-"
"Is Annabeth okay?!"
"Yeah. It's-" his voice was shaking. There was a lot of noise in the background- crying. "It's your brother. It's Jason."
"Percy?! What happened? What happened to Jason? Where is he? Is he okay?!"

There was no reply.
"Percy, is Jason okay?!"
"Thalia-"
"What?"
"Luke shot him. He-"
"Let me talk to Jason!"
"Thalia, he's gone."

She must've shouted so loud that she woke up half the house. Hylla came running in.
"Thalia?" She asked. "Thalia, what's happened?"
"I'll- I'll be there soon-" she said into the phone before hanging up and throwing it at the wall.

[PERCY JACKSON]

He had to use Jason's phone to get Beryl's number, which hurt a lot. His lock screen was him and Leo. His home screen was the entire group, together. He rang Beryl, who said barely anything. Percy knew she'd be at the hospital soon.