JASON GRACE

He walked beside Drew, just listening to her talk.
"I'm not mad at you, Jason,"
"But you should be. I was horrible to you."
"I'm not denying that," she said. "But you need to understand. You used me to cover up your sexuality."
"Yeah, then cheated on you. You're allowed to be mad at me."

"Will you just listen? I used you to cover up my sexuality."
"Oh-" Jason paused. "So you're lesbian?"
Drew laughed. "That's everyone's first thought. No, I'm not. I dated you thinking you might be the right person for me. Maybe I wasn't broken. And I did like you. As a friend. The other boys I dated were pricks. But I didn't like you."
Jason kept listening, trying to add things up.

"As a child all I ever wanted was to marry someone- anyone. Have a family. Dance with someone I love. But I can't do that." Drew sighed.
"I don't get it,"
"I'm aromantic and asexual."
"Oh,"
"For so long I felt completely loveless. I felt broken. Not normal. But I've learnt that platonic love exists. I can have a family without getting married. Adoption exists, although I'm not sure what I want for the future yet. I was mad at you for cheating. I am still a little mad. But I guess you can't control who you have a crush on."

"Right," Jason muttered. "You can't. But you aren't broken. You're amazing. I'm glad you can accept yourself now."
"It hasn't all been easy,"
"Trust me, I know."
"Right," Drew looked over to him. "How is Leo?"
Jason shrugged. "I really don't know. I've been horrible to him."
"Well, I'm the last person you should come to for boy problems," she joked. "But good luck with it. I better go find Mitchell, he's probably looking for me."
"Okay. See you. And thank you for not hating me."
She smiled. "Mostly not hating you. Joking!"

• • •

Octavian knew, Drew knew, Dakota knew, Gwendolyn knew, Damien knew, Sherman knew, Hazel knew and Nico knew. More and more people were finding out.

Jason sat down beside Reyna at the top of the meeting table.
"Hi," Reyna said.
"Hey."
"Were you talking to Drew again?" She asked.
"Yeah- but it's not what you think. I mean. Yes. Don't worry about it."
"Alright," Reyna cleared her throat. "Hi, everyone. How are you all?"

Octavian hadn't showed up, with Dakota and Gwen were not upset about. Usually, he sat in between them, which wouldn't have been fun.

"So," Reyna said. "Today we are talking about uhm- funds."
"What?" Jason whispered.
"It's a serious topic. Our last fundraiser made us a lot of money, which is great. If we carry through with Katie's idea for a sort of Talent Show during Winter, we'll have more than enough money. So, I was thinking, we could spend the money we don't need on a good cause." Reyna said.
"Like me," Travis nodded.
"Not what I had in mind," Reyna laughed. "Part of it will be going to the senior's prom, which will be in February or March. We also have that to plan."

"We have to plan it?" Percy groaned.
"I love planning parties!" Dakota grinned.
"Anyway, other than that, we want to use the funds wisely. Any ideas?"
"Grover and Rachel would both kill me if I didn't say to use it to save the planet," Frank shrugged.
"Okay, Oct- Octavian isn't here. Someone, write this down. Any other ideas?" Reyna said.

"Something for kids who have a house but not a home," Jason didn't expect himself to speak. "Some place where abused kids can be safe."
Annabeth looked at him and smiled softly. It then hit Jason that Annabeth knew Thalia had ran away. Meaning Annabeth knew their home life couldn't have been great. Jason smiled back then looked down.

"Okie dokie- now. What else do I have to talk about?" Reyna sighed.
"Why'd you hold this meeting if you didn't know what it was about?" Jason whispered. Reyna shrugged.
Katie's phone started ringing. "Oh, sorry! Sorry- I have to go," She stood up.
"That's okay," Reyna said.
"Bye," Travis joked, as he always did. "Love you."

Everyone simultaneously rolled their eyes.
"Yeah, love you too," Katie said, leaving the room.
Everyone simultaneously paused.
Travis stood up then sat down. "Wait-"
Connor put his head on the table. "No."
"Did she say that? Did she mean that?" Travis asked.
"Only one way to find out," Reyna laughed.
"WOO!!" Percy shouted.
"Fuck yeah, there is! Be right back!" Travis ran out of the room.
"Well," Annabeth shrugged. "It was bound to happen sooner or later."

[KATIE GARDNER]

She was about to walk out the doors of the school when she realised what she said. When she did, she almost had a heart attack. Then she seen Travis Stoll.
"Okay!" Travis shouted, out of breath. "So- uhm- look, you just-"
Katie grabbed him and kissed him.

They stopped and she had never seen Travis so flustered. She didn't think it was possible.
"My parents are waiting for me outside. They're picking me up early," Katie said.
"Okay."
"So I'm going to go now."
"Okay."
"And you aren't going to tell anyone what just happened."
"Okay." Travis grinned that grin.
"Oh, fuck it," Katie sighed then kissed him again.

[TRAVIS STOLL]

He just had to tell Connor, Cecil, Julia and Alice. Katie Gardner kissed him. Finally.
"I seriously have to go now," Katie smiled.
"Okay," Travis repeated for the hundredth time.
"I'll see you back at the complex."
"Okay."

Katie walked out of the school, leaving Travis grinning like an idiot.
"YES!" he shouted. "Shit. Still in school."
Mr Blofis opened the door to his classroom. "Mr Stoll, please stop shouting."
"Sorry, sir!" Travis went back to the meeting. After kissing Katie Gardner. Twice.

[JASON GRACE]

Travis was definitely in a good mood. He walked back in and hugged almost everyone in the room.
"Travis, please sit down," Reyna muttered.
"Okay!" Travis smiled.
"So, that's about all for today-" Reyna said.
"I missed a whole math class to talk about money for two minutes?" Will asked.
"Yes." Jason confirmed.
"Fuck yeah! Thanks, Reyna. Hold meetings more often during math."
"Of course," Reyna smiled. "Anyway, you're all free to go."

Everyone packed up and left. Jason stayed behind with Reyna.
"Sorry for ignoring you," he said.
"Hey, no worries. We all have bad days. Do you want me to come over thing evening?"
"Nah," he shook his head. "Don't worry about it. I need time to think about- something."
"Very ominous," she joked. "Anyway, come on. Our friends are probably waiting outside."

Jason walked out of the school with Reyna. Sure enough, all their friends were there. Close to them, Travis Stoll was shouting to his friends about Katie. Jason couldn't help but laugh. He saw Dakota, Gwen, Bobby and Jacob all talking and laughing. Drew and Mitchell were running after each other, laughing. Drew's laugh wasn't fake anymore. Then Jason saw Octavian, who had a black eye from Sherman. Octavian glared at him and Nico. They both looked away at the same time.

"Jules-Albert is waiting for us," Hazel said. "We better get going."
Slowly everyone started to leave. Before Jason realized it, it was just him and Leo. Leo didn't even say anything, just glared at him before walking away. Jason knew he had a big decision to make.

———

Word Count: 1236

———

A/N: yeah idk again. Tratie. Tratie. Yes, yes.