Chapter 1

The sky was cloudless and washed over in a clear blue. After going through the sunny afternoon roast, the gray concrete floors were exuding a suffocating heat.

At the door of Haiyun’s First People’s Hospital were several reporters, loitering there since early in the morning.

A look past her patience appeared in Yu Xiao’s eyes as she wiped the sweat from her forehead. She was originally supposed to attend the conference for the release of a new film starring a cast of big celebrities along with her master, and she had been waiting in excitement for many days. She even put on some make up earlier that morning……And now the results of it was that she had to stand here under the scorching sun.

The third-rate celebrity Gu Yan who had been involved with a string of scandals and had also fallen carelessly into the water recently, was going to be discharged today. The news station was short-handed so for now, her master had sent her over here. He even told her that this was a chance for her to practice her skills independently.

Who asked her to be the newbie in the company? She was given no choice at all.

Yu Xiao looked at the reporters all around her and they were all looking very impatient as well.

Who would actually be willing to interview such a scandal-ridden third-rate star? If it was a big name in the circle, then fine, aren’t these reporters just like a pack of dogs running over from the whiff of a fishy smell? The only one they could blame was Gu Yan for being so unfamous and unpopular, perhaps even these reporters wouldn’t be here if such a big thing hadn’t happened.

But this was, after all, Yu Xiao’s first independent interview. She pursed her dry lips and stared at the hospital door, she definitely could not fail!

The noon sun really was packing quite the heat. Yu Xiao squinted and suddenly saw a slender man coming outside.

The man was dressed in a simple white shirt with his sleeves casually rolled up, his long legs were wrapped in a pair of light blue jeans, every move he made was quite the pretty sight. His short black hair flowed softly down to cover his forehead, and though he was wearing a pair of sunglasses, his appearance was enough for someone to daydream about just by the sight of his straight nose and beautifully curved lips.

She never expected that her luck would allow her to see such a handsome man! Yu Xiao’s spirit was invigorated.

The handsome man came closer and closer, and very soon he walked past her. Yu Xiao’s eyes couldn’t help but trail towards the figure of that man. But it was strange, why was there constantly a mysterious and familiar feeling lingering inside of her……

Seeing that the man was just about to get on his ride and leave, the door in Yu Xiao’s mind had slammed open abruptly, and she shouted:”It’s him!”

The other reporters looked at Yu Xiao but all they saw was the vexed look on her face, then at once she chased the man, pressing down the car door, stopping the man on his tracks. She stared right at the man,”You, are you Gu Yan?”

Gu Yan! The ears of all the reporters perked up, and all their eyes were on the man, and a look of disbelief washed over all their faces!

They had so many people watching at the door, but they actually let him walk off openly just like that!

In the snap of a finger, the man was surrounded by all the reporters.

Yu Xiao looked nervously at the man in front of her, he did not seem to match Gu Yan’s image so she wasn’t able to recognize him in the beginning. Although she had just shouted out his name, she felt a little uncertain now.