Chapter 89

Soon after Gu Yan killed Tong Tong, the other demons came one after another.

Those demons were very surprised to see Tong Tong's corpse, but the did not dare to question Gu Yan's decision. Gu Yan picked out a random mid-tier demon with the highest cultivation and asked:"Did you manage to shake your pursuers?"

The possessed body of that demon was a middle-aged man who appeared very well-dressed. He responded respectfully to Gu Yan:"Yes, we started to retreat before the other party could call their reinforcements, so we were not followed by those ordinary humans.'

"Very good, you can all go."Gu Yan said.

Gu Yan sent those demons away and slowly paced around the array.

He was faced with a very difficult decision right now. He could either open the channels, allowing the great army of the demon world to invade......And he would no longer have to worry, they will turn this world into their own. But he was not willing to see that happen at all......Then, he could simply destroy the array? And stay in the human world?

Thinking up to this point, Gu Yan suddenly paused.

He had just realized that he was unwilling to destroy this world before him, but this did not mean he could survive well in the human world. He was no longer human, he was a demon from top to bottom, there was no way he could live in the human world as if nothing was wrong.

He will not be able to restrain his instincts to kill and to feed, nor was he willing to neglect himself too much.

It was just as Qin Yao had said before: Actually, these words may not have come sincerely from his heart. He was already soaked through in his nastiness, he would never be willing to become a good person.

THen the best way......Would be to return to the demon world, let everything go back once more to the beginning.

Gu Yan's eyes brightened as if he had suddenly found a way to achieve the best result in both worlds. He was not a person who liked to get tangled up in things, and since he was unwilling to destroy the human world, nor would he be able to live like a human, then he could just return to the demon world. Wouldn't all be good then?

Perhaps, he may regret it in the future. Regretting the fact that he abandoned such a good opportunity......

Or perhaps, he may be punished by the demon lord once he returned......

But at least, in this very moment, Gu Yan could not care less. He felt that the demon world was the true place he belonged to. Demons like him should be living in that sort of dark world. Even if the demon world was barren and ridiculous, that was their paradise.

Moreover, if he was not afraid to live, would he be afraid to die?

A low rumble of laughter reverberated in Gu Yan's throat.

He would never have expected he would end up going such a large circle, and finally coming back to where he started. In truth, he should not have come to the human world. Letting him come was the demon lord's greatest mistake. If it was any other demon general, perhaps they would already have settled it, wouldn't they?

Thinking of the demon lord, Gu Yan's eyes turned grave. He had not forgotten what had happened with Tong Tong earlier. For any living being in the demon world, the demon lord resided at the highest point over them. He was different from them, he had already been in existence since a very long time ago, and he had been the supreme being of the demon world since he had started to exist. Nobody has ever seen what he looked like, even Gu Yan. Actually, he had only heard of the demon lord's will in his life.

In the demon world, the demon lord was everywhere, and nowhere, he was also omnipotent. However......

They were now in the human world.