Chapter 83

Gu Yan did not move, nor did he resist. He looked calmly at Qin Yao,"Do you dare to?"

Qin Yao kept his sharp eyes on Gu Yan's face, but he did not continue to tighten his hand; but neither did he loosen them, keeping a firm hold of Gu Yan's throat.

"Kill me, and the him you're looking for may never return."

"No matter whether I'm a demon or a human, no matter what I turn into, you have no other choices."Gu Yan told him.

Qin Yao's eyes were ice-cold,"So you're not afraid because you have something to fall back on."

Gu Yan was silent.

"It seems like your understanding of me is lacking."Qin Yao smirked, but his eyes lacked any warmth,"This is my last warning to you, don't try to use me by deceiving me again."

"There are many ways I can deal with you without killing you, don't regret it. And don't forget, you're nothing more than a demon now, you're nothing without your memories, and right now......The things I hate most are demons."

"Just be a good boy, and I won't mind playing by your tune. But if you play any tricks, you better think about the consequences before you try any."

Gu Yan looked at him with a straight face, but slowly, he closed his eyes, silent.

Sometimes, being silent is also a means of rebellion, and it may even be more powerful than any claws or fangs. Moreover......it may be time for him to change his tactics soon. There was no way he could get Qin Yao to compromise, no tricks would work on him......If he really got locked up, then he definitely wouldn't be able to stand it.

It's not like humans have never tried enslaving demons. Human cultivators have always been great at all kinds of traps and curses, what awaits a demon who has fallen into the hands of humans is nothing short of misery.

Even though he knew that Qin Yao would not hurt him, he still did not wish to let go of his freedom; even if he was angry, he had to admit that Qin Yao's support was still useful to him. At the very least, he did not wish to take that risk at this moment.

Qin Yao slowly let go as the harsh look in his eyes gradually dissipated, returning to their usual calm selves.

"Go, and think properly about what I've told you today."

Gu Yan shot him a quick glance, and left the car without a moment of hesitation.

Qin Yao watched Gu Yan as he left, and naturally, Gu Yan never turned around to look at him as he walked off calmly, and decisively. It almost felt as if he had a faint glimpse of the past. At that time, when he stood at the doors of the spirit sword sect, that person had also left like this, never turning back.

He did not dare to call out to him, to chase him, or even make a sound; perhaps they had a tacit understanding, because they knew that if he turned back, he would not be able to leave again.

And this time......he forced him to leave with those cold-blooded words of his. Still, he did not turn back, and perhaps there was only disgust in his heart.

That should be reasonable, even he hated this part of himself.

Only until Gu Yan's figure disappeared completely did Qin Yao put his hands back on his steering wheel, and the aura exuding from his body seemed to have toned down.

This Gu Yan reminded him at every moment of his life his past mistake, his past weakness, and that ugly heart that once plagued him. And the saddest thing about all this is the fact that he was willing to compensate him with everything he could, but the one he wanted to compensate did not need this compensation any longer.