Chapter 96

Gu Yan looked up in surprise. He had been in the dark for so long that for a moment, he could not get used to the bright lights.

It was just like those days when he was still in the demon world.

It wasn't as if he didn't want it, or that he did not look forward to it......But he was afraid. He was afraid to obtain it, and he was afraid to lose it.

Gu Yan narrowed his eyes. Due to the sudden illumination of the room, his eyes stung a little. He was not mad with joy, but instead, he looked up very calmly.

The one who came down was not necessarily Qin Yao.

After so many days had passed, Qin Yao would have come down long ago if he had won. But for him to have come after so long, there was a great possibility that he was dead. If the demon lord had won, he would definitely come down to kill him.

So, it was also possible that luck was on the demon lord's side, and he was able to rise again.

Gu Yan knew that the possibility of that was even greater, and he knew that what awaited him now could very well be death, but he was not willing to move his eyes away.

Because......There could still be a thread of hope that Qin Yao had lived......

If that ever happened, he would never want to miss it.

Before he had seen Qin Yao's corpse by himself, he would never let go of his hopes.

If Qin Yao had come to find him, then he hoped that he was the first thing he saw.

Everything was quiet above for a moment.

Then, he heard a creaking noise, and a figure appeared at the opening of the passage. His movements seemed to be slow and clumsy he he slid down the wall. Finally, he landed gently in front of Gu Yan.

Gu Yan looked straight at him and his face was wet. Turns out his tears were flowing down.

"What's wrong with you?"Qin Yao's deep and slightly hoarse voice rang out full of worry, and he held Gu Yan's face with his rough hands, rubbing it carefully,"Are you hurt?"

Gu Yan took his hands and shook his head,"The light was just too bright, it hurt my eyes."

Qin Yao breathed a sigh of relief,"I'm sorry it took so long for me to get to you."

Gu Yan shook his head, but he did not speak.

It's fine as long as you could come, I'll wait for you no matter how long I have to wait. Gu Yan looked at the familiar face in front of him, and could not help but reach out to hold the man in his arms. This sort of affectionate and seemingly weak movements were not something Gu Yan had ever done in the past. He was not used to showing his feelings, but it was only at this moment had he known that these were not feelings he could control. Those that he could press down beneath his heart.....Those feelings were just not deep enough yet.

And right now, he did not want to suppress himself any longer.

At this moment, this was the only way he could confirm that this was all real, that this was not a dream, to hold that man tightly in his arms.

So it turns out......Miracles really do happen.

Gu Yan was stunned for a moment, but then he knelt down on one leg and returned his embrace.

Just like that, the two held each other as if this was their last moment together before the world ended, just like a sculpture that would never change.

A ray of sunlight casted down from above and shone on them, dyeing everything in a golden glow. It felt like time had stopped.

..............................