Chapter 3

"Stop looking, he still has a breath left in him."Gu Yan suddenly popped up behind Xu Ming and spoke with a slightly deep and husky voice. Within the night, his words were filled with a slight hint of coldness.

"When did you come over?"He gave Xu Ming a fright, doesn't this guy make noise when he walks?

Gu Yan's black eyes almost seemed to have sucked in all the light of the night,"You want to save him?"

Xu Ming nodded.

Gu Yan had not planned to come over, but the sight of that car suddenly made him recall some related information, and so he changed his mind. In the eyes of the original host, Fu Zhe Chuan was the kind of person who stood at the very top, and was born to be looked up to by people. He was only in his early thirties yet there was already a large business empire in his hands. Be it in popularity or wealth, his disparity with the original host was like the dirt and the clouds, they were nowhere near each other at all.

But his position had allowed Gu Yan to see some benefits in him--He was a human being who still had some worth.

Within the demon world, there was no trust to be spoken of between demonic beings. If anyone was ever in distress, they would either be split as food or completely ignored, the former for their survival, and the latter from caution. After all, even demonic beings would pretend to be injured as bait for prey.

Do not believe in anyone, for the sake of yourself, killing for survival was the way of the demon world.

However, the criteria for survival did not necessarily fit within human society.

Gu yan saw the nervous yet expectant look in Xu Ming's eyes and smothered a laugh. Human emotions......were quite interesting. They were clearly weak and pitiful, and yet they still had so much sympathy left to spare.

"He's lost too much blood, if this goes on, he may not be able to hold on till the ambulance arrives,"said Gu Yan as he looked at his little assistant.

"So what do we do?"Xu Ming's face was pale, he had never seen a man die with his own eyes before.

"See if there's a first aid kit or something we can use in the car."replied Gu Yan.

Gu Yan's calm expression was able to infect Xu Ming. Thinking about it, he quickly ran back to the car.

Gu Yan turned to look at the man within the car, the dim darkness of the night did not impede his vision at all. The man's eyes were closed and his brows were scrunched up from the pain. There was barely any hint of colour on his pale face, a pair of golden rimmed glasses had fallen to the side while his body was dressed in a casual suit in dark gray with a simple white shirt beneath, scarlet blood had already stained the area around his abdomen.

His breathing was very shallow, almost as if it weren't there at all. By his side, the pitter patter of what sounded like water could be heard.

Gu Yan had his left hand at the upper edge of the door as leverage, while he pulled the door opened with his right. Due to the deformation of the rim from the crash, the door was stuck and could barely move an inch. Just as he wondered how he could open the door 'normally,' a dangerous feeling suddenly rose up within him! Gu Yan's eyes focused and he did not hesitate to grab the door. With a hefty pull, the heavy door had actually been torn down! Immediately after, his fingers had turned into claws and his nails had become sharp and pointed. As if slicing through tofu, he cut the seat belt. Losing its support, the man fell down. Gu Yan extended his hand directly to catch him and kicked hard with his legs, throwing the two of them backwards!

At the same time, a loud bang sounded from behind, and fire rose into the skies!

Gu Yan took the man and walked towards the dumbfounded Xu Ming indifferently.