Chapter 34

Right beside his table was a lonely man sitting by himself, enjoying a cup of wine with his back facing Gu Yan. Hearing that, his actions stopped, and he slowly stood up. He turned around and revealed a beautifully sculpted face, his heterochromic eyes concealing a desolate emotion that seemed to seep right into the marrow of one's bones. It was Qin Yao.

Dressed in a black windbreaker, the contrast of it with Qin Yao's pallid skin exuded a coldness that was even icier than Gu Yan's. He placed his wine bottle down on the table and took a seat opposite of Gu Yan.

"It was a coincidence the first time, but what about the second?"Gu Yan raised his eyes to place his apathetic gaze on the man in front of him.

Qin Yao reached out to pour Gu Yan a cup of wine and refilled his own cup as well, before slowly speaking,"It's not a coincidence this time."

Gu Yan narrowed his eyes,"Not going to act anymore?"

Qin Yao did not respond to him. He lifted up his cup and motioned to him. He gazed at Gu Yan and spoke with a cool voice,"Please."

Gu Yan lowered his eyes down to the cup placed in front of him. The transparent liquid within the cup exuded a faint, mellow aroma. He paused for a moment, but then he lifted the cup and downed it in one go! The spirit went down his throat like a blade of ice, causing a string of pain to go down as if he were being cut! The wine that was mixed in with spiritual energy felt like it was grinding his flesh up from the inside out as it passed into his organs!

Gu Yan put down his cup and smiled,"That was a fine wine."

Qin Yao scrutinized every chance of his facial features. After a while, he chuckled softly,"I brewed this wine myself, it has a lot of benefits longevity and keeps people fit and healthy."

Gu Yan wiped the corner of his mouth, he had no comments.

Naturally, the spiritual wined brewed by a cultivator at the ascension stage was precious and hard to find. For benefits a human could get out of it was not so simple as merely longevity and physical health. If a normal person had a cup of it, they may even end up stepping onto the path of immortality if they were lucky.

But......For a demon, this type of spiritual wine was no more than poison that could erode them from within.

Spiritual wine has the ability to wash away the impurities from a person's body and clean their meridians to enhance their bodies. But when it came to the body of a demonic being, the very opposite would happen. The bodies of demons were created by the agglomeration of impurities, and the only power within their bodies was black energy, the very thing spiritual energy strives to eliminate!

If this was any other demonic being, then they would not have been able to consume this cup of wine without revealing themselves.

Qin Yao put down his cup and finally stopped urging him to drink more. Instead, he asked Gu Yan:"Do you know why I've come to see you?"

Gu Yan revealed a sarcastic smile:"Definitely not because you're a fan of mine."

Qin Yao's face showed no hints of embarrassment of his lie being seen through. He looked into Gu Yan's eyes,"I came today because I have several questions I would like to ask you."

"Oh?"Gu Yan raised a brow.

"It's about Sun Jie's case, and there are several points I'm suspicious about. I hope you can give me an answer."Qin Yao showed a serious expression, and his speech was stable without any undulations.

"And why should I cooperate with you?"Gu Yan smiled.

Qin Yao did not seem the least bit surprised. He took out some documents from his coat pocket and placed them in front of Gu Yan. Bluntly, he spoke:"I've forgotten to introduce myself, I'm actually a policeman."