Chapter 58

Gu Yan's body was trembling so faintly that it almost could not be seen with the naked eye, seemingly in an attempt to suppress the grief he had in his heart.

He buried his head into Qin Yao's chest, and his warm tears seeped through Qin Yao's thin shirt, heating up his body like boiling water. Qin Yao's body was stiff as he held onto Gu Yan as if he was holding a helpless child.

After a moment, Gu Yan raised his head, revealing his red and swollen eyes, his pale lips, and he spoke with a hoarse voice.

"Thank you, I feel much better now."

Seeing his state, Qin Yao felt his heart hurt even more, but he put on a look as if he did not mind, and smiled,"You don't have to force yourself, just cry if you feel unhappy. Unless you're afraid I'd laugh at you?"

Gu Yan's mouth twitched, but he did not speak.

Qin Yao's voice deepened further, exuding a bewitching energy that made it hard for others to keep themselves from feeling safe around him,"Don't worry, the law will definitely bring you justice. As the one pulling the strings behind the scenes, Gu Yan Xin will definitely have to pay for all he's done."

Things really have been difficult for Qin Yao. He clearly did not care about the Gu family, but he had to get justice for Gu Yan, all so he could give him some peace of mind.

"No......"Gu Yan shook his head, and looked at Qin Yao with his wet eyes. Slowly, he opened his mouth,"Please, don't make things hard for him."

Instantly, Qin Yao felt a small surge of anger rising up. Was Gu Yan still caring about that brotherhood bond of his? A person who tried to put him to death was completely unforgivable. He pursed his lips, and spoke with in a slightly cool tone:"But even if you let him go, he would never do the same."

"Since I've already found out, I won't give him another chance to hurt me."A look of sorrow emerged in the depths of Gu Yan's eyes. He sighed after a moment,"Moreover......Father is already old, I'm afraid he might not be able to take it."

Qin Yao understood. He was not unwilling to put a hand on Gu Yan Xin; he was afraid of making Gu Zong Han upset. This was not a hard matter to settle,"I understand, since you don't want to push things too far, then we won't do anything to him for now. But we still have to give him a warning."He spoke so casually, as if this complicated matter was no different from him deciding what he was going to eat for tomorrow.

The giants of ordinary people, the Gu family, was nothing at all in his eyes.

Gu Yan looked at Qin Yao, and finally nodded. His voice seemed desolate, but exerted the feeling of a person grasping at the very last thread of hope they could find,"I trust you in anything you decide to do."

Gu Yan did not seem to be too emotional, but he felt extremely pleased at heart. Seems like sticking around Qin Yao was still pretty beneficial to him.

As a strong human cultivator, Qin Yao definitely had great power within human society. Things that would he should not do, or things that would trouble him to do, they were all as simple as a snap of a finger to Qin Yao.

But this did not mean that Qin Yao was definitely much stronger than him, just that the two of them had different identities.

He still needed his disguise, so it was no good for him to unfold his power before human society. Otherwise, it would be easy to get himself into a disaster before the right time comes. But things were different for Qin Yao. He had deep-rooted power and everything he did would surely meet with success.

"I should be heading back."Gu Yan paused for a moment, and gradually recovered his calmness. Even though he still appeared relatively pale, it was still hard to notice anything off with him unless you stared.