Chapter 45

Yan was sitting on the hospital bed with a thick layer of bandages wrapped around his shoulder and back. After the effect of the anesthetic disappeared, the numbing pain was starting to pour out like a tide. But still, he did not intent to heal his body with his demonic energy, this amount of pain was nothing compared to what he had once been through.

He knew that with Qin Yao's level of cultivation, there was no way that demon could have injured him if he really wanted to stop it.

But since he decided he would put on an act, then he would have to go through with it till the end.

Besides, the shooting for the movie was already done anyway, he might as well 'recuperate' like a good patient in the hospital for a while. With this, Qin Yao may not have any more reason to suspect him.

Gu Yan's eyes narrowed in satisfaction, ready for a nap.

But suddenly, the door opened.

Qin Yao came in dressed in a black windbreaker, and a pair of high-top leather boots. There was still water dripping from the hems of his windbreaker, he seems to have just returned from outside. He put the umbrella in his hands to the side and came to sit down by Gu Yan's side.

Gu Yan could not continue to rest, so he opened his eyes to stare at Qin Yao. He did not open his mouth to speak, he was waiting for Qin Yao to put in the first word.

Qin Yao's stared at him, as if he was waiting for him to be the one to speak first, and all was silent for a while. After a short moment, Qin Yao finally decided to be the first to speak. He tried to organize his wording and spoke in a low voice,"Are you feeling better?"

"Much better."Gu Yan responded.

"Yesterday......"Qin Yao looked at Gu Yan with a slight hint of an apology in his eyes.

Gu Yan cut him off,"I don't care who you are, or what you do, but you don't have to tell me. I don't like to be troubled."

"......"Qin Yao paused for a moment,"Alright."

"I have to rest."Gu Yan asked him to leave expressionlessly. With how prideful Qin Yao was, he should be forgetting about him, and turning to leave.

And sure enough, Qin Yao stood up,"In that case, I won't keep you from your rest."

Gu Yan showed him off with a smile.

"I'll come to see you tomorrow."After he was done speaking, Qin Yao turned to leave without any dilly-dally.

Gu Yan's smile was petrified on his face. He's coming again tomorrow? Could Qin Yao actually still be suspicious of him? So he's planning to observe him for some time?

When would he finally be able to get rid of this detestable human!

When he gets his cultivation back, killing him will definitely be the first thing he does!

Just thinking about how he would have to lay low around Qin Yao for a moment, Gu Yan was now in a bad mood. Even the doctors and the nurses could feel the negative energy surrounding the area, so they were all very careful when administering medicine or giving him any shots.

..............................

When Xu Ming was once again able to see Gu Yan, it was at the hospital. He got to look at Gu Yan's wound while medicine was being administered, and even his eyes had turned red. He never would've thought that things would turn out this way after he had just gone out to change Gu Yan's phone number for him. What on earth happened to him? Why didn't he follow him at that time? Xu Ming felt very remorseful. And now, his impression of Bai Ya had also turned very sour. Even though she was Gu Yan's mother, she had never once visited him when he was in a difficult spot. Now that Gu Yan's life was finally getting better......She came to look for Gu Yan, and now Gu Yan ended up in an accident......