Chapter 11

Madam Song shot her sharp glance towards Gu Yan,”He should know!”

Director Zhang looked at Madam Song, then at Gu Yan, hesitating before he spoke:”What actually happened? Can you elaborate, Madam Song?”

“Somebody pushed Han Chang down the stairs yesterday, breaking both his legs, and now he’s in the hospital.”The anger in Madam Song’s words were hard to suppress. Han Chang was one of her men, so for him to be targeted was no different from giving her a slap on the face!

Both Director Zhang and Meng Ying were both shocked, turns out the reason Han Chang did not come today was because he was in the hospital nursing his broken bones! Recalling how Han Chang had been bearing a grudge against Gu Yan these days, an absurd thought had been aroused in both their heads. Could it be that Han Chang wanted to deal with Gu Yan, failed, and even gotten himself hurt?

Madam Song humphed,”Director Zhang, such a wicked incident had happened within your crew. Somebody actually dared to hurt someone due to envy! You even have the guts to make use of such a person?”

Hearing these words, Director Zhang laughed. If you said somebody could “hurt someone due to envy”, the only person who would do that in this entire crew was Han Chang! Thinking back to Han Chang’s moral quality, he was clearly hiding the truth from Madam Song, using her to make a stand for himself. As for who it was that hurt him, Han Chang may be the only person who really knows.

“Madam Song, I’m afraid there may be a misunderstanding.”Director Zhang spoke profoundly:”I think it’s better to ask for more details before we point fingers at anyone.”

“What are you trying to say? Are you implying that I’m accusing him?”Madam Song frowned.

“Madam Song.”Meng Ying couldn’t stand it anymore, and thus spoke up,”Gu Yan wouldn’t be envious towards Han Chang, much less harm anyone. I think Han Chang is the one feeling envious towards Gu Yan……”

“Are you kidding me? You expect me to believe that Han Chang would feel envious towards someone playing a supporting role with such a notorious reputation?”Being retorted against continuously, Madam Song was furious,”If your crew continues to mix up right and wrong, even protecting a criminal, then are you really not afraid of all the pressure you’re going to get from public opinions?”Both crimnals and public pressure was being brought out, she was clearly going all out in threatening them!

Director Zhang’s expression changed, but he still chose to stand by Gu Yan’s side after just a quick thought. Needless to say, Gu Yan still had blackmail material against him, but Gu Yan wasn’t a man without any backers! Though Madam Song was a powerful person, as long as Shihe decides to stand with Gu Yan, there was still room to move around in this incident. After all, Madam Song can’t cover the sky with just one hand.

“Madam Song, catching criminals is the job of the police……Before the truth is revealed, our crew will never wrongly accuse anyone.”Said Director Zhang.

Madam Song laughed in her rage,”It seems my reputation amounts to nothing today!”

Director Zhang tried his best to maintain his expression. If not because he had no other routes, how would he be willing to offend Madam Song? Why was Han Chang the male lead? It was because this drama was sponsored by Madam Song! If Madam Song insists on withdrawing her funds, then things really won’t be easy!

But he had no way out either……

Gu Yan curved up the corners of his lips, revealing a cold smile. He had just did a tiny little trick so that Han Chang would fall down himself from fright, he never saw him at that time at all. Therefore, what Han Chang said to Madam Song could have been fabricated just to frame him……He really never gives up, and he actually still dared to pick a fight with him. It seems his lesson this time had been a bit too light.