Chapter 69

It was very late at night when Xu Ming finally came back defeated, he was unable to find Tong Tong at all. When he entered, he saw a small pair of muddied pink shoes, and his eyes brightened in an instant. He asked Gu Yan who was currently reading a book:"Did Tong Tong come back?"

Gu Yan gave a faint hum in reply.

Xu Ming quickly went in to look, but even after going one full circle, he was not able to find her. He turned back and asked:"Didn't Tong Tong come back?"

"Left again."Gu Yan's voice was slightly cold.

"Left? Where can a little child like her go? Why didn't you stop her?"Xu Ming was anxious.

Gu Yan shut his eyes, he could feel a small spark of rage peeking its head. He thought he had already gotten used to how noisy Xu Ming was, but right now, he realized that he had barely cultivated any patience for it at all. This stupid human being was bothering him to no end,"Her dad came back so she went home, is that not allowed to happen?"

"......"Xu Ming was dumbfounded. He had never thought about this possibility.

Gu Yan had no interests in answering any further questions he had. He got up and left for his room, shutting the door behind him with a slam.

Gu Yan sat on his chair and could not help but recall all the things that have been happening since he came to the human world.

Even though he had not been here for long, his memories of this world was much richer than those of the demon world. Life in the demon world has always been boring, you either kill, or devour other demons, hunt or be hunted......until that one day where he finally reached that level of strength, where no demons were any threat to him any longer. There was nothing left to do, he just drifted through life. There was no longer any need for him to struggle for his survival, to the point where he even felt that there was no point in it......This was how all demons were like, there was nothing unusual about it, and he was no exception, nor did he find any issue with himself.

But for him to actually think now, what really am I? Where did I come from?

And what were those mysterious dreams he had been having? Could it be, just like Zhou Yu said, those were the memories he had during his time as a human?

Gu Yan clenched his hands into fists, his thumb held over his index finger with much force.

Heh......For him to actually wonder what the meaning of his own existence was......

After a good moment or two, Gu Yan suddenly broke out in a laugh. For him to actually have such insignificant thoughts, he had gone mad.

Why did he need to know what he was in his past life? He just had to know what he was now, and that was all he needed. He understood himself very well; he knew what he wanted to have, what he wanted to do......The him of now had finally found something to live for, was that not so?

Just think about this beautiful world, with all this wonderful food, endless amounts of it easily available to him. Was there anything more exciting than this?

There was no need for him to hesitate at all, he just had to follow his heart.

..............................

Their shooting had been interrupted halfway through that day, and since the equipment had all been destroyed, they lost all the footage they got on that day. The crew quickly received compensation from Wang Duo, and the amount they got was twice as much as what their equipment cost in the first place. Young Master Wang was not a man short on money.

Soon after, Gu Yan received the notice for the advertisement's re-shooting.

Since they've already done the shooting once before, they were much more successful this time around. Nobody came to mess anything up either, so they were able to finish everything in one day. Then, the only things left to do was to edit the photos and add special effects.