Chapter 16

A figure came crashing straight down from the rock wall!

Everyone's mind had gone blank. From such a height, he would at least be heavily injured if not dead! Seeing that the man was about to crash into the ground, everyone's hearts had jumped to their throats!

Hearing the whistling of the wind ringing in his ears, the man's face was white as a sheet and his eyes were filled with fear and despair! Was he going to die?

Suddenly, the rope on his waist tightened. It strangled him so tightly that it almost felt as if his waist was going to break of! But after a while, he found that he was not in pain. He......did not fall?

The man raised his head up to the skies and from afar, his eyes met with a pair of deep eyes as dark as the night.

All this happened in just a split moment. Everyone thought that the accident would have been inevitable, but the tragedy they expected did not appear. Gu Yan was right at the man's side. With one hand clutching the wall, he instantly gripped onto the rope tied around the man's waist with his other! When the man finally stopped falling, he was only less than ten centimetres away from the ground!

Gu Yan narrowed his eyes, and slowly released his hand. The man was gently lowered to the ground. He struggled to get out of the ropes and stood himself up. Gu Yan nimbly hopped down, landing by his side. He spoke to him in a clear voice:"Are you okay?"

"I, I'm fine, tha- thank you......"Said the man incoherently.

Gu Yan smiled to him.

Director Zhang was so nervous that he almost fainted. He was not young anymore, it was easy to get a heart attack!

Thank goodness, nothing bad happened! As he expected, Gu Yan really was his lucky star! He quickly called the staff over to help the man to the side for a rest, and to check on his wellbeing. After that, he turned his head back, and caught Gu Yan's hand, turning them around to check. A deep red mark ran itself across Gu Yan's hand, and some of his skin had peeled up from the friction. Director Zhang was both grateful to him and sorry,"It's all thank to you just now, without you, I'm afraid the consequences would have been unimaginable!"

Gu Yan smiled and took his hand back without leaving a trace."It's only what I should have done."

"I really never expected for such a thing to happen!"Director Zhang's expression revealed that he was still shaken from the ordeal,"We'll stop here for the time being, we will have to check the set again! These things definitely must not happen ever again! You should take a good rest. Remember to let the medical staff check your hand."

"I will, you should worry about your work instead, I'm fine."Gu Yan said.

Du Chen and Deng Jia Ning looked at each other, and they could both see the fear in each other's eyes. Even though the one who fell weren't them, they were still standing up there with him when it happened! Accidents could happen to anyone, a shadow of trauma was instantly casted over their hearts.

Could the rumours of this villa be true? Was the Feng Shui no good?

What if any other accidents pop up again next time?

Gu Yan swept his eyes through the crew, and lowered his eyes, covering the light in his eyes.

On the way back, he saw Xu Jun hurriedly rushing over. His face looked grave, and his mind was filled with thought, he did not pay any attention to Gu Yan at all.

Gu Yan returned to his room and closed the door. He opened his hand and the injury instantly started to heal quickly at a speed visible to the naked eye. Not long after, even the last traces of the red marks could not be seen anymore. If not for the sake of staying undetected by the human beings, he dispersed the protection of his body, going straight in with the best of his body's ability. This level of force was barely enough to leave any marks on him if not for that.