Chapter 49

Qin Yao stopped the door with one hand and leaned close to Gu Yan's ear, speaking in a deep voice,"I'm talking to you."

The coldness in Gu Yan's eyes was already condensing into icicles. He had to use great strength to stop himself from giving into his instincts of shredding this man to pieces. Enunciating each of his words, he said to him:"But I don't want to talk to you."

He tried to struggle, but wasn't able to get his hand out. The anger in his eyes intensified!

"Why?"Asked Qin Yao. He paused for a moment before continuing:"If it's because of the misunderstanding we had, then I apologize."

"Did you forget you've already apologized?"Gu Yan mocked.

Qin Yao was silent for a moment,"I'm serious this time."

Gu Yan laughed,"So what? Didn't I say I don't need your apology?"

His voice was cold and distant. More than disgust, he showed more that of indifference and lack of care for his feelings.

Qin Yao knew that he himself had always been more cold than one would assume was reasonable, living for such a long time has caused him to learn to disregard these mortals. Moreover......Besides that person, there was nobody else he had cared ever in his life, nor had he ever felt that there was anything wrong with this.

But he would never have expected that there would come a day where he would be shown this level of indifference from someone else.

So it turns out, the feeling of being ignored......did not feel good at all.

No matter what, he was still a man of restraint, he would not pick a fight with an insignificant mortal just because he was a little upset.

But even though he was hated to this extent, why was he still unwilling to go?

Was it because......he could see the figure of that person from Gu Yan? If that person still existed, would he also be like this?

Arrogant, stubborn, but dazzling.

Even if he were hurt or injured, he still would not bow down to reality.

He was so dazzling that you could not help but chased towards that figure with your eyes.

After hundreds of thousands of nights past, he missed him so much it was as if the vines of his mind had grown around the figure of that person, wrapping him up without leaving a single gap, tight enough to suffocate him. That person that had been buried in his heart had long become just a distant dream......A dream that had gradually evolved into greed and extravagant hopes......

If one day he were to be possessed by a demon because of these hopes, he would not be surprised.

"I just, hope that nothing will happen to you."Qin Yao's tone gradually eased up.

Even if it was just a little bit of similarity......

He was already strong enough, he had the ability to change the fate of another now. The person he was not able to recover in the past......He did not wish to have any regrets now. It was rare for him to care about the life or death of a person, and since this was something he could easily guarantee, he did not intend to just watch on as a passerby.

"I don't need your concern, I thought I've already expressed myself very clearly."Gu Yan spoke coldly.

After a short moment.

Qin Yao released his hand and straightened his body once more. He looked deeply at Gu Yan before chuckling softly"I don't intend to keep worrying over you either, I just happened to see you today, you could say it was fate. And also, there's one more thing I have to tell you. Don't talk about what happened today to the outside, just pretend nothing happened."