Chapter 22

Gu Yan wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth with his handkerchief, and he revealed a tranquil smile.

That wonderfully sweet taste seemed almost as if it still lingered in his mouth......

After having a meal, he could even feel the energy in his body recovering, suppressing the golden spiritual energy in his body further also seems to require less energy now. With this, he may be able to recover earlier than he had planned.

Just thinking about the endless supply of food present in this world, it would become even more difficult to restrain himself now that he was able to have a taste......

The human world truly was a beautiful place.

Gu Yan's eyes were becoming deeper.

Firstly, he went home to change his clothes, and after resting for a night, he visited the hospital the next morning.

Xu Ming stayed in the hospital for the whole night and looked slightly haggard. He would never have expected that Gu Yan would come himself. He quickly spruced himself up before going over to greet him:"You're here."

Gu Yan nodded, and spoke with some concern:"How's Xiao Fei?"

Xu Ming smiled bitterly,"He's fine, they're mostly minor injuries but......There's a fracture in his thigh. It's a bit troublesome and he'll need some time to recuperate."

"It's good as long as he's fine. If you ever need money, just ask."Said Gu Yan.

"No no, it's fine thank you."Xu Ming looked at Gu Yan with some complication, and thanked him:"You've already helped me out a lot, I don't know how I should thank you. How could I still ask for more money? Don't worry, I'll find a way to get you your five hundred thousand back as soon as possible."

"There's no hurry."Gu Yan smiled.

"No no, it's what I have to do. I'll pay you back as soon as possible."Xu Mingwas slightly embarrassed. If he really was going to pay him back with the money he earned from his job, then he wouldn't be able to succeed even after twenty years.

"What are your plans after this?"Gu Yan raised a brow.

"I......I've prepared to sell the house, then I should be able to pay you back."Said Xu Ming after a moment of silence.

This was his decision after mulling over it for the whole night. Other than that, he really did not know how he was going to get five hundred thousand. If he sold the house, he would still have some money left after paying Gu Yan his money back. After that, the three of them could rent a house, and if he works harder at work to earn more money, it was still an acceptable way to live......

Gu Yan looked at him,"I don't think that's a good idea."

Xu Ming lowered his head. If not that he had no other paths to take, then he would not have thought of doing that either.

"I'm trying to help you, not force you. If you really don't feel comfortable with this, then you can work for me as a means of paying me back."After some hesitation, this was Gu Yan's response.

Xu Ming raised his head, thinking he had misheard,"I've always been your assistant."

Gu Yan laughed,"You're the assistant the company sent me."

"Is there any difference?"Xu Ming wasn't sure what Gu Yan was trying to get at.

"Of course there is."Gu Yan told him:"The company is the one who pays your salary so that you can do your part as an assistant. Your behaviour is reliable to the company, not me."