Chapter 15

Gu Yan released his hand and the stone well instantly returned to its peaceful self, and the spring water had become clear again.

He turned around and saw a young man rushing over. He glanced over at the well with the corner of his eyes, and he turned to look at Gu Yan nervously:”Are you also from the crew? Why are you still up this late?”

“You are?”Gu Yan narrowed his eyes slightly.

“Oh, my name is Xu Jun, I am the owner here.”The young man smiled.

“You were very nervous earlier, is there anything wrong with this well?”Gu Yan asked.

Xu Jun’s face had turned slightly unnatural,”Of course not, I just saw you out here this late, and came to ask out of worry.”

When he took over the place, the previous owner had repeatedly warned him that he could mess with whichever part he wanted, but he must never move this well. He was worried that something was wrong with it, so he asked a friend to hire a famous Feng Shui master to have a look. When he finished scouting the area, the Feng Shui master marvelled at the find, and at the same time, he had also warned him repeatedly not to move the wall, but he did noy say why. Later, after urging him for an answer repeatedly, he finally told him. This well is the work of a great master, if he wanted his business to be unimpeded, he must not touch this well. And also……The great master implicated in his words was a man beyond his reach.

Though the business in the mountain villa has not been well, nothing bad happened either. He had never found anything abnormal with the well, and gradually, left the matter to rot behind his mind.

However, he saw from afar just now that someone was standing by the well. The shadow trailing behind the man looked like that of a demon baring its teeth, silent, yet ferocious……Instantly, he remembered the warnings of the previous owner as well as the Feng Shui master, and fear struck his heart, ending up in his shouting due to his anxiety.

But it seems now that it may have just been an illusion……

Gu Yan smiled to him profoundly and spoke:”My name is Gu Yan.”

“Nice to meet you.”Xu Jun had never heard of this name before, it seems he was just a small-time celebrity, but he really was good-looking. He responded to him with a polite smile.

“I really like this place, I’m wondering if you’ve ever thought of selling the place?”Gu Yan asked.

Xu Jun was stunned for a moment, and immediately revealed a look of displeasure. Even though he had thought about it, he had never been able to go through with it because he wasn’t able to negotiate for a good price. Those with power looked down on this place, and those who were interested were those without the financial ability for negotiations. In the end, the price had been squeezed down more and more……But how could it be something just anyone could take up?

Immediately, he stuck on the label of a person who “doesn’t know his place” on Gu Yan, then speaking in a roundabout way:”It won’t be a small number.”

“I know.”Gu Yan smiled,”You can take your time in considering it, Mr. Xu, if you’re interested, you can tell Du Chen to get in contact with me.”

“I’ll think about it.”Xu Jun replied apathetically.

And how could Gu Yan not catch that tone in his voice? But he hardly cared, he believed that it will not take long for Xu Jun to change his mind.

He bid Xu Jun goodbye and returned to his room. He opened his palm that had been clenched the whole time, and a piece of stone the colour of light gray laid quietly in his palm; It was one corner of the stone well.