Chapter 29

The glass fell, shattering on the ground in a loud crash.

The wine soaked into the carpet, staining it crimson, and even splashed onto Zou Meng’s shoes, but he barely reacted to it at all. He was still looking at Gu Yan, and his eyes trembled involuntarily.

Those eyes were simply not the eyes a human should have……

He wanted to run away from his ruthless gaze, and his heart was screaming at him, run away, quickly! Run away! But his instinct told him that no, just give in, running would just be a waste of effort!

The atmosphere within the room seemed to have solidified completely, and the quiet was like that of the peace you could find in the face of complete despair.

“Heh……”Gu Yan suddenly chuffed, and sat down. He raised his eyes again and they had returned to their gentle and natural state, that terribly suffocating gaze was gone without a trace. He smiled to Zou Meng,”I did not recite those lines wrongly, did I?”

Zou Meng’s stiff body suddenly relaxed and it was as if all the energy was sapped from his body at once. From his face, it could be seen that he was still suffering from some lingering palpitations, but he spoke after a short bout of silence,”No, you did not.”

He, who had faced Gu Yan front on had suffered a sense of pressure that nobody could ever understand.

Liu Wei finally dares to make a sound as he let out some nervous laughter, hoping to ease the atmosphere,”Oh, so you were just reciting the lines, it almost felt real……Now what did I say? Gu Yan is a very serious and capable young man, not only did he memorize the lines, he could even get into his role with just a snap.”

“Director Zou, Director Zou?”Liu Wei called out to him several times in concern,”Are you alright? Should I call someone to clean up here?”

Zou Meng finally came back to his senses and a bit of the colour from his face finally returned,”I’m fine, don’t worry.”

“What do you think about Gu Yan’s earlier performance? Do you think he has a good understanding of the role? If there’s anything off, I hope that as the great director and the senior that you can offer some criticism. To be able to get your advice will be Gu Yan’s greatest joy!”Liu Wei coaxed up to him cheerfully but respectfully

Zou Meng looked at Gu Yan with a complicated look in his eyes and found that Gu Yan was also looking humbly at him, just like a studious child listening focusedly in class, as if both he and that emotionless and horrifying man were two completely different people……

He coughed,”His performance was very good.”

Liu Wei thought so as well. Even though the atmosphere had been a tad scary, Gu Yan really gave him a big surprise! Now things would most likely not be too difficult to settle. He smiled:”So, Director Zou, do you think he could work for the role?”

Zou Meng was silent for a moment, but then he nodded slowly but firmly. Looking back at Gu Yan once more, the underestimating look in his eyes were now completely gone.

Unless he was ruthless and numb killer like a demon, for Gu Yan to have those eyes……The only reason he could find for it was perhaps his acting ability was just that good. To tell the truth, Zou Meng had even felt thrilled when he came back to his senses. Gu Yan’s performance had far exceeded his expectations, so much so that he even felt that the character must have been tailor-made for Gu Yan!