Chapter 76

Gu Yan looked at Qin Yao in disbelief, has he gone mad?

He had thought over countless possibilities, but not once had he ever considered such a situation. He had clearly just been waiting to die a moment ago, but in the next......Did Qin Yao really give up just like that? This victory came so inexplicably that he could not feel any joy from it at all.

Gu Yan was not a fool. Even though he was not able to feel it at first, he could still guess why Qin Yao would do this now. It was because of that jade pendant that burst open in the very last moment, and protected him.

The white light from the jade seeped into his body, leaving no traces after circling his body, as if it had been a part of its soul from the very beginning. That tiny little thing quickly burrowed itself into his body and disappeared without a trace......There were no changes in his body, but Gu Yan still felt uneasy.

It has been a long time since he had last known what it meant to feel unease, but now not only was he feeling uneasy, he felt agitated as well.

Even if he died, it would only be possibility that was within his expectations. He was not very surprised, but everything in front of him was falling out of his control.

Gu Yan did not believe this was a misunderstanding. He was a high-tier demon general, and his strength far surpassed that of all the beings around him. If something was able to enter his body, then it had to have a connection with him; so to say, Qin Yao did not get the wrong person.

But how could this be possible?

For him to actually be the one in Qin Yao's heart.

No......So he really was a human in the past?

For a moment, all sorts of ridiculous emotions started to flow out from him. It was as if something had moved within his heart, and wanted to influence him, to change him, turning him into something he was not; he even lost his thoughts of killing Qin Yao. But that was no matter, Qin Yao was already no cause for concern anyway.

Right now, he just wanted to get out of here as soon as possible.

But Qin Yao's hand was wrapped tightly around his own, unwilling to let go. Even after suffering such a grave injury, Qin Yao's still did not loosen his grip on Gu Yan's hand in the slightest. Holding it tightly, even his knuckles had turned pale, as if he was using all the strength he could muster from his body.

Those were eyes that said: even if I die, I would not let go.

With his hands buried within Qin Yao's chest, he cold feel his hot flesh encasing him. With a little twitch of his fingers, he could almost feel the beating of his heart.

Is this what he wanted? He still won......But why did he not feel happy about this?

He was wrong. It didn't influence him? He didn't change? That was all a lie, that damned piece of jade still left its mark on him when he did not notice.

Take for example, right now. He clearly should have killed Qin Yao, and these were truly what he believed as well, but it felt as if his body would not accept his orders, and would not make its move.

"Let go."Gu Yan's voice was icy cold.

Qin Yao kept his eyes still on him, and a look of pleading welled up in his eyes. With a hoarse voice, he spoke,"Don't go, please?"

Gu Yan's eyes were cold and indifferent. Curling up a cold smile on his lips, he told him:"Then you should just go and die!"

You were the one who forced my hand!

Bringing his fingers together, he stabbed right through that beating organ, going straight through Qin Yao's body in one abrupt movement, drawing a huge gush of blood! Qin Yao could not support himself any longer, falling down to the ground in a kneeling position with a thunk. He supported himself with his left hand, and pressed his right on his chest. A large, bloody hole was now gaping on his chest with blood rushing madly outwards, seeping out through his fingers.