Chapter 81

Gu Yan listened to him seriously with a smile playing by his lips the whole time. Not once did he interrupt Qin Yao.

When Qin Yao finally stopped, his eyes turned to the side:"So to say, you can indirectly be considered my murderer."

Qin Yao could not conceal the pain in his eyes, as if that feeling could burst through at any moment.

"I don't blame you."Gu Yan smiled cheerfully as he looked straight at Qin Yao with his beautiful eyes, speaking with a sincere tone.

Qin Yao could not help but feel stunned.

All these years, he could never come to forgive himself. His selfishness caused the death of his most important person. He dreamt about it countless times, wouldn't that person hate him, feel disgusted, or feel disappointed in him?

So he had been trying hard for all these years in order to become the man Gu Yan wanted him to be, he really felt remorseful.

He had done so much just so on the fateful day where they could finally meet again, he could hear him say that he was forgiven.

But he would never have expected his forgiveness to come so easily.

Qin Yao kept his eyes firmly on Gu Yan, as if he was trying to figure out whether he spoke the truth or not. He looked at him for a while, but could not find anything.

Gu Yan cocked his head to the side and smiled,"Really, after all, you didn't do it on purpose, no?"

"No......"

Does Gu Yan really not blame him? Qin Yao thought about it, but he felt that it might be true. He was always like that......He was strict with himself, but always generous with others. No matter how much wrong he had done, he would beat him and scold him, but he would always forgive him, always caring about him......

Qin Yao thought of the past, and could not help but feel warm inside.

"Thank you."

Gu Yan narrowed his eyes and smiled,"No need, I should be the one thanking you. Thank you for going easy on me. After all, I'm still a demon right now, but seeing that you have no prejudice against them, I believe we can live together in peace. This is great news."

Gu Yan leaned forward and approached his face. His two black eyes glistened as an evil grin turned up his lips,"Since you do not have any prejudices against demons to begin with, and since the both of us have some past together, I have to say I'm delighted with the fate we have. It seems like it won't be impossible for us cooperate in the future, then you can fulfil my desires, and I'll be happy. It's mutually beneficial to the both of us——Don't you think so?"

Qin Yao's expression was stiffened onto his face. Slowly, the coldness and indifference returned to his face, bit by bit.

Gu Yan's face was reflected in his pupil, and he could clearly see every expression on Gu Yan's face. His calmness, rationality, deceit, and indifference.

Gu Yan's clear and melodious voice entered his ear in a casual, orderly, and unperturbed tone as he laid bare the terms with him.

Seducing him with his voice that was gentle, but hypocritical......Causing him to want to throw himself into the abyss, not caring about anything else.

None of what have been said of the past was able to resonate with Gu Yan. He listened happily, and was even overjoyed because he let that demon go, that was the only part he was concerned about. Perhaps because this could be of use to him......The so-called past was not what he wanted to know, he just wanted to find information he could work with. Qin Yao had to realize this——That Gu Yan and that man, was not the same.