Chapter 56

Qin Yao's lips were slightly pursed, and a hint of emotion surged within his eyes.

'I believe that humans are good by nature.'

It felt as if Gu Yan's face had a mysterious enchantment, he could not turn his eyes away from it. Gradually, gradually......It overlapped with that person's. Why did he say with such an expression what that person used to say? No matter how badly he was treated by this world, did he still believe that humans were good by nature?

No matter what sort of difficulties you have to meet with, are you still unwilling to change your original thoughts?

God......Why did he have to be this angry......?

Qin Yao knew that this was wrong, but he could not control himself. He had been trying his hardest to control himself these years to do the right thing, the right thing......But he knew deep inside him that the darkness did not dissipate by even the slightest within his heart. Instead, following the passing of time, it had become denser, deeper.

He who was born in that muddy darkness; he whose heart was filled with hate, had already long been used to being rejected by the entire world, and he did not care at all. But......even someone like him had the opportunity to be redeemed, but the person who should really have been treated well was instead abandoned ruthlessly by this world.

You brought me out from that darkness, and taught me what it meant to care about a person; but you left me.

If this had to be the result.

Then things might as well stay as they did in the start, he could just let himself sink further down......

Qin Yao's arms hung down by his side, and he clenched his hands into fists. His heterochromic eyes were packed densely with his sorrow, but as soon as he closed his eyes, the sorrow disappeared in an instant, once again returning to his usual indifference.

He said:"You're right, I'll trust you."

Gu Yan smiled,"Even if you're just comforting me, I still feel happy to hear you say this to me."

"It's the truth."Qin Yao's expression was blank.

"Oh."Gu Yan raised a brow and smiled,"That's right, what brought you there yesterday?"

He was never able to let go of what happened last night, there was definitely something wrong there. Perhaps, Qin Yao's appearance was not just a coincidence.

Qin Yao was slightly silent.

Gu Yan thought that he would not say it, but he had just asked casually without expecting to get an answer. He was just about to excuse himself when he suddenly heard Qin Yao speak.

"I went out to mourn for a person."Qin Yao's voice was deep like the hum of a cello.

Gu Yan understood in an instant. Wasn't it that person he was overlaying with him? But he pretended to be ignorant and revealed a confused expression:"Oh?"

But Qin Yao did not say anything more.

Gu Yan showed a look of understanding,"Sorry."

"It's nothing."Qin Yao responded.

"No matter what, it's still quite a coincidence. I never would have expected I would see you again so far away."Gu Yan said.

Qin Yao's expression gradually softened and he let out a soft hum of agreement. He felt so as well.

"Actually, I went there because I was trying to chase a person. I nearly caught up to him but I didn't expect that to suddenly happen, and I let him get away, too."Gu Yan looked annoyed.