Chapter 9

Xu Ming felt like he was developing a complex for abuse, he was so used to being verbally abused that even though Gu Yan’s tone was just slightly better than usual, he felt shocked and flattered……And then all his temper was gone.

But thinking more about it, he felt that there really was no need for him to get angry. Even though Gu Yan seemed just as hard to deal with than before, but when it came to handling matters, he was way more reliable than before. Even if it was on something he couldn’t get a handle on, he was still able to go through it smoothly, it really makes him worry less. As for the rest, what else can he expect?

Take right now for example……

He sent Gu Yan to the crew first thing in the morning, but even though Gu Yan stood there surrounded with a pressure that kept people away from him, not only did he not act like a big shot, he didn’t throw a temper tantrum either, he did whatever the director told him to do and even finished his task superbly without any mistakes. He memorized every single word in the script without error and passed on the first take, he really took a load off their minds!

In fact, it was far more than that, even the rest were being compared to him now!

Just look at that fresh meat Han Chang who had just gotten popular, he couldn’t remember his lines even after going through several takes, all he could do was flaunt his good looks. Just a single scene was riddled with countless NGs, even Director Zhang’s face was twisted with displeasure.

Gu Yan sat leisurely on his chair, and took a sip of coffee. How boring.

“Hello there.”A handsome and gentle-faced man came over and showed Gu Yan an amiable smile,”I saw your performance today, you really shone on that set.”

“Thank you.”Gu Yan smiled to him. This was the man who plays the second male lead of the series, Deng Jia Ning. He heard people say that he was  a ‘thousand years a supporting male character’, so this wasn’t his first rodeo at such a role.

Deng Jia Ning blinked his eyes and smiled back to him:”When this drama is released, I’m sure you’ll definitely be popular.”

Gu Yan replied with a chuckle, and did not answer.

Clearly, Deng Jia Ning was a very talkative person, so he quickly moved onto a separate topic. He spoke with amazement,”I didn’t expect Director Zhang to be able to rent this place as our shooting venue, it feels unreal.”

“Oh?”Gu Yan looked at him.

“This business center and its futuristic concept was built by the Fu Group with a ton of money, and it’s the most famous project in the country. It’s construction was just completed recently and will only be open to the public next year.”Deng Jia Ning continued,”You may not know, but though the head of the Fu household, Fu Zhe Chuan is famous for being a scholar and a businessman, his sights are usually set really high so a small crew of ours probably can’t ever get his notice. The crew had also expected to be rejected, but they gave it a try anyway, and they didn’t expect that Fu Zhe Chuan would actually agree for us to enter his business centre that was still unopened. For us to be able to use the venue, the results of the shooting will be way better than in any other place. After all, these romance dramas were shot for women in the end, and women liked pretty things. Put in a few handsome men and it’ll be hard for the series not to get popular.”

Gu Yan nodded in agreement. When he had first arrived, he was also quite surprised. He would never have expected that the humans would actually have developed to such a degree in just a thousand years, their construction process really was a sight to behold. For such a large and grand place that was at the same time, exquisitely decorated with an elegant yet creative feel, it was indeed a place that would easily attract attention.