Chapter 18

The sword thrusted towards Gu Yan's back! And passed through his chest without a single noise!

This all happened in just an instant, Gu Yan did notice it at all. He pulled himself close to Qin Yao, and with how close they stood from each other, he could faintly see the deep expression in his differently coloured eyes--He was laughing.

Turning his hands into an unbelievable angle, Gu Yan was actually able to grab hold of Qin Yao's hand, and to Qin Yao's surprise, threw him abruptly to the ground. And then, he landed a heavy fist onto his chest! Seeing the approach of his sword, Gu Yan raised his head and spat out a mouthful of black blood. The black blood stained the sword, causing a cry! And it started to sway and wobble.

Taking advantage of that moment, Gu Yan turned and jumped back, instantly disappearing into the darkness!

Qin Yao could only feel the pain on his chest, and as he tried to stand up, blood poured from the corners of his mouth.

He extended his hand, and the sword once again returned to his grasp. The black blood seemed to have a very strong corrosive effect on the sword as it sizzled. Qin Yao scoffed and wiped off the black blood on the sword with his hand, and the sword was once again silent. He raised his head to look at a certain direction in the darkness, and after a pause, he finally decided not to follow.

His spiritual sword was crafted with the natural ability to restrain demonic beings. For the sake of running for its life, not only did that demonic being sacrifice its own body, it even spat out its corrupted demonic blood to stop his sword. With the injuries plaguing it both internally and externally, if not dead, it would at least be heavily injured.

But it was just unexpected......That demonic beings as strong as that were now in the human world. A thousand years have passed, was the door between the two worlds going to open again?

Qin Yao tightened his grip on his sword's hilt, and a complex emotion was roused in his eyes.

..............................

Only until Gu Yan ascertained that the human was not following him, did he finally turned around to return to the mountain villa.

The blood kept flowing out of his chest, not only could he not heal the wound, it even gave him a burning hot sensation. How vile......As expected of a cultivator at the ascension stage, the metal attributing spiritual power of his spiritual weapon was a natural enemy to his demonic energy due to its restraining properties towards it, and the spiritual power still left within his body was constantly in battle with his own demonic energy......

After all, this human's body was not a proper host for a demonic being, it was just a body he had temporarily acquired, and this was already the extent of the power he could exert with it.

Gu Yan dragged his heavy legs forward as he held his chest, taking step by step towards the garden behind the villa. There was a demonic spring there! He had to go there!

Finally, the gray stone well finally appeared in his eyes......

Gu Yan gritted his teeth and quickened his steps towards it, jumping head first into the well, disappearing completely inside.

The cool water of the well instantly turned to a boil, turning into the dark colour of ink as the rich magical energy enshrouded Gu Yan.

The rain tonight finally came to a rest. Everybody was still deep in sleep, not a single person knew what happened outside.

..............................

When the sun started to rise, the crew have already gotten up from bed. Director Zhang instructed his men to pack up. He had already found another place for their shooting, and they had to hurry up to make up for the delays.