Chapter 40

Gu Yan's eyes sharpened coldly, staring straight at Fu Zhe Chuan.

Fu Zhe Chuan did not have any intentions of evading his gaze at all, making eye contact with him directly. He spoke with a calm voice,"I've already known you weren't a normal person the very first time you saved me."

"I don't know whether you're human or a demon, or perhaps you had some sort of strange power......But I did not find it to be anything hard to accept. I'm a businessman, I believe in both fate and Fengshui, and have also been in contact with some strange happenings, even......"Fu Zhe Chuan revealed a casual tone of teasing, and naturally his expression followed suit,"I would even spend a lot on donations to temples every year, praying that my fortune for wealth will be great the next year. So......There was no need for me to be too surprised even though my saviour was slightly strange, don't you think so?"

Gu Yan was stunned for a moment. This was clearly something that was hard to accept, but why did it not seem like a big deal when it came from Fu Zhe Chuan's mouth?

But the most important point was, that he did not know he was a demon......The emotions in Gu Yan's eyes flickered.

"If I had the intentions of being unkind, then I would have hired an expert to investigate you at that time, matters of demons and sorcery should be handed over to the professionals. But I didn't."Fu Zhe Chuan paused for a moment,"From the beginning to the very end, I've never once had that thought."

Gu Yan observed Fu Zhe Chuan, seemingly attempting to seek out whether he spoke the truth or a lie, but Fu Zhe Chuan's expression was frank without half a heart for concealing anything. Besides that, Fu Zhe Chuan was right about one thing: if he had the notion to deal with him, then he would have exposed his identity since long ago......Even if he did not know of his identity as a demon, being exposed would just be natural as long as a human cultivator was to probe him. But after all this time, no other human cultivators had come to look for him besides Qin Yao.

And so Gu Yan had to admit that Fu Zhe Chuan really did not lie. And the killing intent in his eyes softened a little......

"I had several months of time to betray you when you did not realize it, but I did not."Fu Zhe Chuan spoke casually. Even if he was smiling, you could hear a faint, almost unnoticeable thread of loneliness,"Because I've never once doubted you from the deepest depths of my heart. You saved me again, and again; if not for you, I would've been dead ages ago. But you still would not believe that I could protect a small secret of yours."

A flash of hesitation went by Gu Yan's eyes, this was something that had never happened to him. This human......Could he really trust him?

"I know how powerful you are, and how little you had to care about anything, but I still have some power within human society. Regardless, there are many things that can not be solved by force alone, so......"

"If you could trust me once, then I believe we could get along very well in the future. What I had just so happened to be able to make up for your shortcomings......If you still aren't willing to trust me, then you can just kill me now. This is the life you saved, so naturally you have the right to take it back, I will not have any regrets nor complaints."Fu Zhe Chuan looked at Gu Yan when he finished speaking, and he stood there with a calm expression on his face, just like he was waiting for his final judgement.

Gu Yan hesitated for several seconds before he finally spoke:"You've never betrayed me in the past, but that did not mean you wouldn't ever. I've killed someone, I'm not as harmless as I may have been to you in the past."

"You killed him because he wanted me dead. Do you think I'd feel any sympathy for a man like that?"Fu Zhe Chuan's eyes were clear. He continued on plainly,"As for the future, I've already made my promises, and whether you believe me or not will be your right."