Chapter 33

"I haven't finished talking yet."Gu Yan's voice was cool and brought with it a casual tone without the least bit of care,"I'm a very persistent person, and since I can't bear looking at him, I might get the urge to hit him every time I see him. If I ever step out of line when that time comes, I hope you wouldn't mind too much about it."

The man's face turned pale. That searing pain on his cheek had still yet to subside. Just thinking back to Gu Yan's slap just now, he really had the thought that he wanted to run far away for a moment, and never come back!

Jiang Cheng did not look back. He stopped on his tracks, but once again started to walk away after a short pause without hesitation.

Seeing him leave, Xu Ming turned to Gu Yan again. He wanted to say something, but stopped himself after an attempt.

"Let's go."Gu Yan shot Xu Ming an indifferent look.

Xu Ming followed behind like a distraught child who had done something wrong. After a moment, he carefully spoke:"Sorry."

Gu Yan stopped and narrowed his eyes at him:"What did you do wrong?"

"I caused trouble for you......"Xu Ming's head was low.

"I'm asking what you did wrong."Gu Yan's tone was cold:"Can you not understand?"

"I......I did nothing wrong......"Xu Ming was stunned for a moment, and raised his head to look at Gu Yan:"I'm sorry I caused trouble for you, but I did nothing wrong, that guy was the one in the wrong."

"Why would you have to apologize for doing nothing wrong?"Gu Yan was not amused, and his tone was extremely cold. He was truly too lazy to take care of this idiot.

"......"

Gu Yan continued to walk and Xu Ming hurried to catch up, smiling nervously:"Wait here for a moment, I'll go out to buy you some food."

Gu Yan continued on without stopping, and said apathetically:"We'll eat out."

"Huh?"Xu Ming looked up.

"It's already this late, why run here and there for dinner? We can just eat out."Gu Yan's face was icy cold.

"Oh......Okay."Xu Ming laughed foolishly. As if he just thought of something, he suddenly said:"Actually, you could just let him go after apologizing, there's no need to drive him away. You've definitely offended Jiang Cheng now, and since he's your senior he'll definitely cause trouble for you. I'm fine......"

"Not drive him away?"Gu Yan raised a brow and looked at Xu Ming as if he were looking at a fool."If he dares to do this to you today, then he will do more tomorrow. Do you actually think apologies are worth anything?"

"But this is too......"Xu Ming felt that what Gu Yan said was reasonable, but society did not run with just reason, what Gu Yan did was more trouble than it was worth. Speaking of which, Jiang Cheng was quite generous to him at the start. He would never have expected that Jiang Cheng would be so generous......And he would never have expected that Gu Yan would go this far for his sake either.

"If a person doesn't face the consequences of their actions, then they will keep doing wrong. If you don't show him now, anybody can step over you in the future! Keep your sympathy for yourself."Gu Yan felt that he really had enough. How does this fool not understand such a simple thing! Talking to him is just a waste of saliva!

Xu Ming was stunned for a moment, but suddenly a sincere smile sprang from his face, and his eyes were shining. He said to Gu Yan:"Thank you."

"Don't thank me."Gu Yan looked down at him with an indifferent gaze,"I didn't do that for you."