Chapter 25

It was hard for Gu Yan to fall asleep in this unfamiliar place. He opened his eyes, and saw the sunlight from outside being projected through the light blue curtains.

The golden spiritual energy that had been wreaking havoc in his body gradually quieted down. It seemed to be getting easier and easier to suppress now, it may not take long before he could get rid of that menace completely.

He sorted out his appearance and went downstairs, only to find Fu Zhe Chuan waiting for him below.

“You’re awake.”Fu Zhe Chuan put down his newspapers and gave Gu Yan a smile, his expression was the same as usual.

“Mm.”Gu Yan nodded, looking plainly over to him,”I’ve troubled you last night. I have work to attend to, so I’ll be taking my leave.”

Fu Zhe Chuan’s expression was gentle,”Have some breakfast before you go.”

Gu Yan’s eyes were dark and deep. He pursed his thin lips and replied to him coldly:”There’s no need.”He had no interest in sitting around here. It was practically a form of torture if he had to sit there in front of this top-tier delicacy while eating disgusting food that was hard to swallow.

As for how that ant would feel being rejected, Gu Yan cared little if at all.

The pair of phoenix eyes underneath Fu Zhe Chuan’s glasses took in Gu Yan for a moment, and he suddenly let out a soft sigh,”You’re a completely different person when you’re sober.”

Gu Yan raised a brow,”Is that so? What was I like last night?”

He couldn’t be more sober from the start of the entire thing to the end, how could he forget? The only reason he pretended to be drunk to use Fu Zhe Chuan was because he was sure that Fu Zhe Chuan would help him. As long as Fu Zhe Chuan did not say anything after, it was normal that he would pretend nothing had happened too……But he would never have expected that this human would bring up this topic by his own initiative, didn’t humans like to be quite secretive? If you were going to be hypocritical, wouldn’t it be better to be a hypocrite to the very end?

He narrowed his eyes and looked directly at Fu Zhe Chuam,”If I’ve given you any trouble, then I’ll have to apologize.”

But his cold and indifferent eyes clearly told a different story. Even if I had done anything, don’t you ever expect me to take responsibility for it.

Fu Zhe Chuan watched Gu Yan for a moment, but then he chuckled softly as if nothing had happened,”Nothing of that sort, I’ll tell my driver to take you home.”

“Thank you.”Gu Yan had also given him a smile.

Fu Zhe Chuan saw Gu Yan off until they reached the gates, holding the door of the car open for him like a gentlemen. With a gentle gaze, he told him:”Call me if you need anything.”

Gu Yan let out a hum of acknowledgement,”Mm.”

…………………………

Gu Yan returned to his house and sunk himself into his soft sofa. He massaged the point between his brow and the emotion in his eyes became cold.

He had been thinking about how he had caught that human cultivator’s attention for the whole night, and he may just about have found the reason why. During that day at the holiday mountain villa where the demonic energy had been spread out and attracted the arrival of other demonic beings, that human cultivator should have come by following the tracks of that demonic being, and even found him after he had eradicated that monster. It was out of luck tha the was able to get away during their conflict……But as long as that human was given some time, he would soon find out the oddities in that mountain villa.