Chapter 90

"Damn you."As soon as Gu Yan's voice rung out, his left hand was suddenly around Qin Yao's throat!

His fingers tightened into a grip as strong as steel!

Gu Yan knew very well how strong he was. For him to grab him so forcefully like this, don't even mention the throat of a human, even the hardest of rocks could be turned into dust!

Gu Yan's face was expressionless.

But his heart was not calm at all.

Was he going to kill Qin Yao again? That time......He regretted it, when he nearly killed Qin Yao. And now, was he going to do it again? It was not his intention this time, but he could not control himself.

Gu Yan kept his eyes still on Qin Yao. So......resist me.

Fight back, kill me, you know what to do. There is no reason for you to put your life on the line for a demon like me, you knew it long ago, I am not that human from the past anymore.

The me of now is just a demon who did not have any control of myself.

In a moment, many thoughts ran through Gu Yan's mind. But he had just completed the movement of his hands!

Grabbing onto him was like grabbing onto a copper wall, even his fingers had gone numb. Qin Yao grabbed Gu Yan's wrist as if he was nearly going to break his wrists, but then, slowly......He pulled it down.

Qin Yao looked at Gu Yan with dead eyes, and his thin lips were pressed into a straight line.

Gu Yan laughed in his heart. This was the first time he was glad he was no match for Qin Yao, he could not kill him.

Thank god, thank god he couldn't do it.

Qin Yao was perhaps the only person who could escape from death time and time again in this way. If this was someone else, they would have died god knows how many times over, and he might not even have the time to feel any regret. Even more impossible was for him to have the chance to have the same situation he did now, to understand his own heart.

He was very grateful to Qin Yao that he was able to be so sober about the things he wanted, and not like some muddle-headed demon......

He would rather be a human, but unfortunately, he was no longer one.

There was no way for Gu Yan to speak, but if he was able to, he would have wanted for Qin Yao to liberate him.

He was too naive, they both were.

He thought that walking out from that pain, and forgetting all those past hatreds meant he had been liberated......But how could it have been so easy? Ever since he stepped into the demon world, he was no longer himself. He was just a demon who knew nothing but hatred. And now......He could not even control himself, even his soul was under the restraints of someone else. How could he liberate himself from such an existence? There was no way to do it, besides his death.

If a demon dies, then that was the end of the line for them. Their spirit will disperse, there was no rebirth for them. So, if he died, there will be nothing that could hold him down anymore.

Thinking about this, Gu Yan even felt himself rather lucky. This time, he would really be able to die.

Or at least, it was not hopeless.

It was just a pity that the existence that was controlling his body clearly did not wish to continue angering Qin Yao, and leading this body to its demise. Therefore, he did not resist him, allowing Qin Yao to grab hold of his hands without moving.

Gu Yan felt a little regretful that Qin Yao would actually decide not to kill a person like him, who had tried time and time again without any repentance to take his life.