Chapter 4

Ten minutes later.

As Director Zhang stood in front of Gu Yan, listening to the sounds playing back from the recorder, his face had turned as black as the bottom of a pot.

“All those female celebrities, let me tell ya, don’t just look at how pure and innocent they are, they’re all dirty sluts. For They’re willing to do anything for just a small role……That Xu Qian that’s famous now……Heh, I had a fling with her too back in those days, that was a delicious one……”

“Those with power, what they like is to have some fun with those celebrities, I’ve even pimped out xxx before, hard to believe, huh? Heh, if anyone finds out what he’s done, who knows what’s gonna happen to his reputation?”

“You want to know how that Han Chang kid get the leading role for that drama? Ain’t it just because he was handsome and managed to get himself a backer? Heheh, I know who his sponsor is……That old bag, she’s still vigorous as ever.”

“And that female lead, she’s got a terrific sugar daddy, but a lot of people already know about that……”

Gu Yan pushed the pause button and sighed:”I didn’t take you for the talkative type, Director Zhang.”

Director Zhang’s body was shaking from anger, and he lowered his voice,”What do you want?”Fear emerged in his eyes, how could he say such things! And why didn’t he have any memory at all of what happened just now? What on earth happened?

“If I were to put this recording on the internet, say, between you and me, who’s going to get the worse end of it?”Casually, Gu Yan put the recorder back into his coat pocket.

Director Zhang’s face had turned as white as a sheet. If this recording was to leak out, then don’t even mention his reputation……How many people mentioned in there were now famous celebrities and big shots? Those people could easily wring the life out of him!

He squeezed out an ugly smile,”Bro, Brother Gu……let’s not be rash now.”

“So, can I partake in the audition now?”Gu Yan raised his eyes to look towards the director.

“Yes, yes, of course!”Director Zhang gave a hefty pat on his chest,”Actually, the audition is just something we have as a formality! I think you’re absolutely the best fit for this character!”

“But my reputation hasn’t been too good recently……”Said Gu Yan faintly.

“That’s nothing, there are tons of stars out there who start scandals like they’re just eating rice! It’s always better to be noticed than to be ignored, isn’t it?”The director had on a self-justifying look as if his head could nearly reach the heavens,”And besides, brother, I feel like me and you could be great bros at the first place! And since we’re brothers, who else am I going to help but you?”

Gu Yan nodded,”I can finally be at ease now that you’ve said that, Director Zhang.”

“Just put down all of your worries. Right, so how about we head on over to get the audition done and over with now? Though both you and me we already know how it’s going to end, I’m guessing you definitely want to avoid any gossiping by those petty people, am I right?”Then with a smile, Director Zhang continued,”As for that recording……”

“There is still some use left of that for now.”Gu Yan shot him a gold look.

“Alright, alright, I know, I know……”Director Zhang himself knew as well that it wouldn’t be that easy to get that recording, but the other party was the one who had his hand on the grip, not him, he wouldn’t dare to bring up any conditions. With nervous laughter, he opened the door for Gu Yan,”This way, please.”Only thing missing from the scene now was a nod and a bow.